• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

*apparently false scores leaked* STROUD SCORES 18% ON S2 TEST (or maybe not)

36 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Fitzpatrick was smart too, doesn’t always equal success. 

Wonderlic and S2 are very different. Wonderlic is basically general intelligence. There's a timed aspect but it's not the primary focus. S2 is all about processing speed. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't some decent correlation between the two but they measure pretty different mental abilities.

But yeah, intelligence isn't the end all be all. I doubt Einstein would've made much of a QB.

• Pie 3

I don't know, this just feels like a hatchet job. And I don't buy you can't get better at this test, especially a very specific number like you can't improve than 5.5%.  I find it hard to believe you wouldn't do better being familiar with what's asked of you versus going in with no idea.

9 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Peyton was putting up video game numbers into his mid thirties and only retired due to a degenerative neck condition caused by injury. He also had one of the biggest arms in the nfl.

Brady was able to stay healthy and productive into his forties and was hurt once his entire career, rule change bullshit aside. 

Burrow is incredibly athletic, no idea what you're talking about there.

You litrally provided zero evidence of anything quantifyng those player's athleticism... 

Peyton Manning was never known for his arm strength... Even his scouting report stated "good arm strength, but not great" 

Tom Brady what on earth does him staying healthy have to do with athleticism? How is that even a comment in your reply to me? It's not even relative. So im going to leave this one as is. We all know TB12 is not an athletic QB.

Joe Burrow
 I'd love for you to share data supporting this.. Joe Burrow didnt even have a recorded RAS scorecard. Joe-Burrow-RAS-18958-740x430.png

His estimated "athlete score" was in the 70th percentile... His scouting reports are consistent with: Below-average arm strength and average release quickness

I would suggest not dying on this hill, bc it isnt worth it. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Matthias said:

Interestingly enough, Bobby Boucher actually turned out to be one of the smartest, if not the smartest person in the movie.

He later went on to quarterback the Carolina Panthers after he had his name legally changed to Jake Delhomme 😐

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

43 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Fitzpatrick was smart too, doesn’t always equal success. 

You wouldn't call Fitzpatrick a success?

I know he's not exactly a Hall of Famer but I wouldn't say he's a bust either.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, ChuckWag78 said:

I don't know, this just feels like a hatchet job. And I don't buy you can't get better at this test, especially a very specific number like you can't improve than 5.5%.  I find it hard to believe you wouldn't do better being familiar with what's asked of you versus going in with no idea.

I bet you're right.  But they're not going to let you take it over and over in one sitting and its probably random and different enough each time that you can't gain much from just a second or 3rd try. 

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've been a Stroud proponent, which is funny because when it comes to quarterbacks, I'm normally a guy who cares less about measurables and more about intangibles.

Young is absolutely everything that I would want a quarterback to be. He's smart, he processes well, he's an accurate passer, all the most important stuff.

But yes, I worry about his durability. Especially so because you know other teams are going to try to hit him as hard as possible. And I think you can get pretty close to Young's intangibles with Stroud while not having the durability concerns.

Ultimately though, I think Young will be the guy so I just have to commit to cringing and covering my eyes when he takes a hit 😖

I feel the same except it’s AR for me. I hate to be cliche about young’s size, but it is a factor. The kid is good though and smaller qbs have played well in the past.