• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fanbase Temperature Gauge: Who do you like and who do you want? (4/21/23)

Ricky Spanish

Panther fan QB Temperature gauge poll  

221 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better QB prospect?

• Bryce Young
    • CJ Stroud
    • Both are equally good
  2. 2. Which QB do you WANT us to draft?

• Bryce Young
    • CJ Stroud
    • Chaos (Richardson)
    • I'm good with anyone

8 hours ago, rayzor said:

i think at this point it's going to be Young...and that's totally fine with me. But so also would be Stroud or even AR.

i'm do have to admit i'm feeling more excited about Young, though. 

I feel like you and would he happy with Young as my first choice and Stroud as my second. 

Richardson would be OK, only  if the Panthers wanted to take time for him to be coached up and develop his tremendous talent  .

I really hope we take AR. The current staff should be able to get him in great shape right away. Not really excited about Young as the pick. Sure BY should be a good QB when not standing on the sidelines recovering from an injury. That smaller frame is my biggest concern. Maybe it’s just me over thinking this. My job IRL is to do risk assessments & mitigation. Of course I will support my Panthers no matter how it plays out. 

• Pie 3

I'm just still riding the high that we have a staff and front office that know what it takes to win in this league. No matter who we draft the risk was worth it (yes losing DJ sucks but we aren't winning a Superbowl with poo at QB and DJ at WR)

I've come to accept that will take Young and I'm more than ok with that. He has a superpower in play recognition and ability to extend plays. That's what makes Mahomes and Rodgers so good imo. 

If our staff is fine with his size than I could not be more excited to purchase my #9 Young jersey 

• Pie 3

21 hours ago, beo said:

Damn. Crazy shift in results so far. I'm interested to see if this holds up. Stroud dominated both last time especially the second one. My opinion hasn't changed really, I put Young for both categories in the previous thread as well as this one. Have never quite understood the Stroud love around here and I'd have a hard time coming to terms with him being the pick honestly. Wouldn't be mad at AR though, just a bit terrified but simultaneously very excited that our staff thinks that they can coach him up lol. Guy is the ultimate diceroll.

Media coverage on Bryce and the hate for Stroud is starting to sway way more people to Young. I’m currently a doomsday Younger. I don’t want him, and feel like we are making a huge mistake with him, based on frame. Height is a concern because the outside pressure he creates for himself with longer, deeper drops. I don’t want him. Stroud or AR

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I'm still not convinced that Young will be the best QB on this class when all is said and done. I think he has the highest floor of any QB, but I don't think his ceiling isn't as high as Stroud or Richardson. I think Young definitely has all the leadership intangibles you want in your franchise QB, I just don't know that his play on the field develop much more than we have seen already.

My biggest fear is that we will draft him with all these expectations of him being the next Brees/Rodgers/Burrow and we end up with nothing more than a league average QB at best.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

The S2 scores now have me on the Young train.  Even if Stroud's score of 18% is false, there's no question its a low score.  So much so, I believe it knocked him out of the conversation for our front office.  As for Stroud himself, I'm still a fan and hope he has an awesome career.  I would like him to go to the Raiders or Colts, and meet us in the Superbowl this year.

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, Matthias said:

The S2 scores now have me on the Young train.  Even if Stroud's score of 18% is false, there's no question its a low score.  So much so, I believe it knocked him out of the conversation for our front office.  As for Stroud himself, I'm still a fan and hope he has an awesome career.  I would like him to go to the Raiders or Colts, and meet us in the Superbowl this year.

Young vs Stroud would be the biggest headlines in sports news if that were to happen and possibly topping any news the Patriots had with their SB wins. Just imagine what this forum and fan base would be like if it did become a reality.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, NAS said:

Amazing. I ran this poll 2 weeks ago and majority wanted CJ Stroud.  

That was before the sea of Bryce and CJ rumors we got. 

I think the S2 test made a ton of Stroud proponents among panther fans flip their allegiance. 

I still want Stroud, I feel like his potential is higher than Youngs. 

I just want everyone to remember all this flip flopping here if CJ ends up being better than Bryce. I'd imagine there will be ton of people saying I told you so but conveniently leave out the fact they hopped on the Bryce train well before draft day.

I really hope both of them work out, but theres going to be several years of poo throwing if the above happens.  Or even if Bryce is just Mediocre or something. 

• Pie 2