• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hall of Famer Bill Parcells on Bryce Young's Size: 'He Better Walk on Water'

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

4.5 inches shorter, technically.

You guys crack me up.  I barely 6’0 180 with shoes on.. but my arm is strong enough to make every throw needed to make in the NFL.  I would bet on myself.  I’m a southpaw with a cannon.  Gimme a true gamer and a leader vs 3-4 inches.. Give the kid the benefit of the doubt. There are anomalies. I’ll be happy with whoever gets drafted.  9/10 times it will not go the way you want it to.  That’s part of being a fan.  Should be used to it by now  

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think he's solely talking about injuries though. He's also talking about being able to effectively play the game at the NFL level at that size. Yeah, it can be done. But yeah, you've gotta be REALLY damn good and really creative to make up for the physical shortcomings.

I mean, Smitty was a dominate outside #1 NFL WR at 5'9" but who else is there that fits that mold? You're kinda talking about a one of one type situation. That's what we need Bryce Young to be. One of one. Yeah, that's a big ask. That's what Parcells is getting at.

I agree Parcells has valid points and I admit I am also concerned about Bryce Youngs size.

However, if  any recent QB has the ability to overcome the size factor I feel it's Young. Having said that, I hope my assumption turns out to be correct. .

1 minute ago, KatsAzz said:

However, if  any recent QB has the ability to overcome the size factor I feel it's Young. Having said that, I hope my assumption turns out to be correct. .

It has been done.  Doug Flutie was not as good as Young.  He had a 12-year NFL career.

He was 5'10"  180lbs.

• Pie 1