• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

He was different there will never be another “him”!!

WOW!!

12 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

13 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

With Cam, I felt like if you made to the redzone you was probably getting a score, especially that 2015 season.  What could have been with an NFL offensive line and better coach.  Do not forget Cam, or what he gave us, but it is time to move into, apparently, the Bryce Young era, let's go.

2 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

With Cam, I felt like if you made to the redzone you was probably getting a score, especially that 2015 season.  What could have been with an NFL offensive line and better coach.  Do not forget Cam, or what he gave us, but it is time to move into, apparently, the Bryce Young era, let's go.

Exactly.  Anybody who is going to compare the QB we select this Thursday or any time in the future to Cam is setting themselves up for disappointment.  Cam was the best QB and offensive playmaker in our history.  Normally a new QB operating in the shadow of the franchise legend ends after the first or second guy to follow the legend.  I hope that normal comparison "expiration date" applies here, but I have my doubts for a good portion of our fans.

We may wind up with somebody (Thursday or in the future) who is a better QB than Cam, but I doubt they will be a better playmaker.  That is the part that may be untouchable. 

The good news is we have an offensive coaching staff who will answer questions about our offensive strategy with more than "we have <insert QB name here>," so success will likely be determined by more than just the legs and arm of that one person.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He literally says he doesn't like the idea of AR at one and Bryce is a better QB.  😂 You can't handle it so are just ignoring it?  "Bryce Young is a better quarterback" -Thomas Davis

You can't watch the video if you are having trouble reading it.  That might help you understand...

He said THEY are enamored honey.

4 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Exactly.  Anybody who is going to compare the QB we select this Thursday or any time in the future to Cam is setting themselves up for disappointment.  Cam was the best QB and offensive playmaker in our history.  Normally a new QB operating in the shadow of the franchise legend ends after the first or second guy to follow the legend.  I hope that normal comparison "expiration date" applies here, but I have my doubts for a good portion of our fans.

We may wind up with somebody (Thursday or in the future) who is a better QB than Cam, but I doubt they will be a better playmaker.  That is the part that may be untouchable. 

The good news is we have an offensive coaching staff who will answer questions about our offensive strategy with more than "we have <insert QB name here>," so success will likely be determined by more than just the legs and arm of that one person.

BY has NO wheels for the NFL. NO rush yards to speak of in college.

You must be talking about a dual threat like Corral or Cam, right?

AR I meant AR.

Edited by rippadonn

7 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

He said THEY are enamored honey.

Wow this is really difficult for you...

He thinks Young would come in and fit well in Carolina.  He thought it was going to be AR because some of the staff (a couple of guys upstairs) were in love with him and he was "not a fan of it."  He later states as clear as day Young "is a better quarterback."  

Here is some more for you

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/thomas-davis-isnt-a-fan-of-anthony-richardson-hes-not-cam-newton

"I just know that they're are a couple of guys upstairs that are enamored by the physical ability of Anthony Richardson. He's not Cam Newton. We watched this kid play a lot, me being an SEC guy. He has all the physical characteristics of being a really good quarterback in the NFL, but I don't think he's going to be that great player that the Carolina Panthers need to take them to that next level. When you look at Bryce Young and what he brings to the table, he's a proven winner. When you look at C.J. Stroud and what he brings to the table, this kid has proven he can win football games. Anthony Richardson on the other hand, Will Levis on the other hand, those guys have been in programs that could potentially be good but they just haven't been and the reason, to me, has been the quarterback position."

Edited by ForJimmy

The best thing about having Cam was that no matter the odds or the opponent, we always had a shot. He was such a threat in the run game, but he doesn't get enough love for his passing achievements. And just when teams thought they had him contained, he would lower a shoulder and run right over them...then get up and and do point for a first down. His energy was infectious and he completely rejuvenated this franchise and the city of Charlotte. 

They broke the mold after they made Cam. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

BY has NO wheels for the NFL. NO rush yards to speak of in college.

You must be talking about a dual threat like Corral or Cam, right?

AR I meant AR.

Unfortunately, for a lot of Cam's time here he was THE rushing and passing production.  If the coaching staff could have found a way for him to catch his own passes, he would have been responsible for the receiving yards, too.

I'm hoping we have an coaching staff who knows more about offense than "they are the guys on the field when the defense is resting."  When Cam was here our staff in general didn't know much more than that, and our offensive staff was lazy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

He thinks Young would come in and fit well in Carolina.  He thought it was going to be AR because some of the staff (a couple of guys upstairs) were in love with him and he was "not a fan of it."  He later states as clear as day Young "is a better quarterback."  

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/thomas-davis-isnt-a-fan-of-anthony-richardson-hes-not-cam-newton

"I just know that they're are a couple of guys upstairs that are enamored by the physical ability of Anthony Richardson. He's not Cam Newton. We watched this kid play a lot, me being an SEC guy. He has all the physical characteristics of being a really good quarterback in the NFL, but I don't think he's going to be that great player that the Carolina Panthers need to take them to that next level. When you look at Bryce Young and what he brings to the table, he's a proven winner. When you look at C.J. Stroud and what he brings to the table, this kid has proven he can win football games. Anthony Richardson on the other hand, Will Levis on the other hand, those guys have been in programs that could potentially be good but they just haven't been and the reason, to me, has been the quarterback position."

See @ForJimmythis is where the comprehension part comes in. I'm not talking about what TD wants THAT DOESN'T MATTER. THEY love AR and I think love is great, and smart.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He heard this thing once he liked weeks ago so that's where he's going set up camp.