• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN’s Matt Miller: “There's a lot of like for C.J. Stroud there, but Bryce won the entire organization over.”

FuFuLamePoo

1 hour ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Yes he did but Russ had the legion of boom and a solid run game. We do have the same setup here though. So its possible. Guess we just have to wait and see

Our secondary sucked last year we got no legion of boom. Maybe a run game but our guards had major injuries at the end of the season. I'm not saying we'll suck but you can't assume we have a 2012 Seahawks supporting cast to carry a young QB

9 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Our secondary sucked last year we got no legion of boom. Maybe a run game but our guards had major injuries at the end of the season. I'm not saying we'll suck but you can't assume we have a 2012 Seahawks supporting cast to carry a young QB

Its not the Seahawks but its a very promising group to help a Rookie QB comparative to the usual talent levels around a number one pick.

9 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

never said we had the exact but a similar look. A healthy Jaycee and I think with Chinn going back to the Nickel and Bell playing safety is a good move. If DJax can stay healthy and we maybe get a good cb in the draft. I can see us maybe looking good defensively.

11 hours ago, jasonluckydog said:

"I can't remember being in such awe of a quarterback in my decade of attending combines and pro days. His passing session was the most impressive of all the pro days I've been to. His footwork for such a quarterback was surprising. He was nimble in his dropbacks, rolling out and throwing on the run. The ball just explodes out of his hands." -- ESPN's Todd 

Who could Todd be talking about?

This QB is going to immediately energize that fanbase, that football team -- on the practice field, in that locker room. Three years from now you could be looking at a guy that's certainly one of the elite top five quarterbacks in this league. ...You're talking about a 2-3 year period once he's under center. Look out because the skill level that he has is certainly John Elway-like." -- ESPN's Mel Kiper 

Mel knows his football.

Richardson?

On 4/23/2023 at 7:56 AM, frankw said:

Bryce Young needs to be very very good and CJ Stroud needs to be mediocre at best or this is going to get ugly by the end of the year. I hope BY is a baller.

By ugly do you mean a bitchfest on this board? Because i agree with that. You pick the qb that you think is best and you move forward if you are the coaching staff without regard to ugly. If you make picks based on potential fallout from the media and fans, you are a fool.  

• Beer 1

On 4/23/2023 at 7:47 AM, Jackie Lee said:

So it's a Tepper pick

Young scored in the 98th percentile on the S2 Cognition test, which could be what sealed the deal for Panthers owner David Tepper. The last time the Panthers had the No. 1 pick, they used it on a 6-5, 248-pound quarterback from Auburn. Young’s playing weight figures to be about 50 pounds lighter than Cam Newton’s. But the Panthers are seemingly convinced Young can make a huge impact.

https://theathletic.com/4443193/2023/04/24/panthers-mock-draft-2/?source=emp_shared_article

14 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

It's amazing that ESPN has laid off like 1k people in the last 5 years minimum yet David Newton and Mel Kiper managed to stick around. 

I suppose the both just became well known and entrenched to the point that ESPN felt it was better to retain them than let them go and have to get some unknown replacements  later.

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Young scored in the 98th percentile on the S2 Cognition test, which could be what sealed the deal for Panthers owner David Tepper. The last time the Panthers had the No. 1 pick, they used it on a 6-5, 248-pound quarterback from Auburn. Young’s playing weight figures to be about 50 pounds lighter than Cam Newton’s. But the Panthers are seemingly convinced Young can make a huge impact.

https://theathletic.com/4443193/2023/04/24/panthers-mock-draft-2/?source=emp_shared_article

Those that don’t think Tepp is in on the decision are foolish. 

• Beer 2

17 hours ago, ncsfinest21 said:

Because most QB's under 6' it takes  years to adjust to the NFL especially height wise. 

He’s done a pretty good job of it his entire life. I don’t think lineman are gonna be any taller in the nfl than in college. He’s already adjusted for his height; Now he just needs to get used to the speed of the game at the pro level, and I think he will be fine.