• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer: Bryce Young 'never relinquished his lead' over Panthers' other QB options

TheSpecialJuan

21 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Anyone with more solid contacts with the team confirm that? Cause I've also heard most of the team [front office] wants AR and he was the target since #3 was also in play for a move up, but Tepper over ruled everyone and is making the pick Young. 🤷‍♂️

Where did you hear this?

1 minute ago, Pantherzilla91 said:

Why are these anti-Bryce people getting so stupid? Can’t you just enjoy the ride?

Yeah, it's time to roll with the flow, or jump off the train. The way that Young has been unabashedly belittled (no pun intended) by some in here is not productive on any level.

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Anyone with more solid contacts with the team confirm that? Cause I've also heard most of the team [front office] wants AR and he was the target since #3 was also in play for a move up, but Tepper over ruled everyone and is making the pick Young. 🤷‍♂️

Anti Young crowd: “This thing is on CLAMPS! We DON’T know who they’re targeting, we’ll find out soon enough!”

Also the anti-Young crowd: so and so said everyone wants AR except Tepper!

6 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Right when I go all in with Bryce... I read that and get nervous about him again. It is what it is but at work today, a Minnesota  fan said he reminds him of Teddy Bridgewater  coming out and I  am hoping we don't go down that road and he has the chip needed to excel. 

Edited by Lurk21

30 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

A couple of the mods with contacts yesterday have said the pick has always been Young but that AR was/is QB2. And @The Crown and the Claw a week or so ago mentioned that the momentum had been swinging towards Young and they're probably one of the most reliable insiders on here. 

I feel like it's way too easy for people to say "Tepper is forcing this" when the selection isn't somebody they preferred. Not saying you're doing that but just in general, that seems like a cop out. 

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Man you guys and your sources...

We have at least 20 insiders on this board yet nobody has actually broke any news before it happened. Yall sources are from reddit.

2 minutes ago, The Crown and the Claw said:

I don’t think it’s news to say AR was/is liked by some people with the team. Same with Stroud. But from what I’ve heard is that Bryce has been unbelievably impressive and has won over pretty much the entire org, including those that leaned CJ or AR in the beginning. A lot of people have also been on Young from the beginning and that’s why they went to #1 to begin with. 

Finally, while I think the Teppers approve of Bryce, I don’t think they’ve forced the hand. The minds at be just seem to have come to a conviction and a consensus 

Peter King also mentioned that Tepper was not interfering.

Thanks for the info