• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Stroud: I’m a football player, not a test taker

NAS

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Maybe you should ignore such misguided attacks as they are either ill informed or joking.  Young will have to deal with short jokes the rest of his career.  Stroud will probably be label dumb even though it's far from the truth.  Levis will be labeled as a weirdo and Richardson...well I'm not sure what label he well carry but I'm sure there is one. It is what it is.

Thats cool...But you originally said nobody was saying those things and now you are acknowledging that they are. Thats all that needs to be understood.

1 hour ago, Newtcase said:

So if you want to split hairs then I have a few reasonable responses.  Bryce may come in a bit smaller than these guys, making your statement technically true.  However, the spirit of your argument is that small is pretty much a guaranteed bust and that certainly isn't true.  These players span the history of the game as it's evolved, clearly it's possible to get it done quite successfully even if you're smaller than average.

Drew Brees 6' 200lb.

Russel Wilson 5'11" 215lb.

Joe Theismann 6' 192lb

Len Dawson 6' 190lb.

Fran Tarkenton 6' 190lb.

Sonny Jurgensen 5'11" 202lb.

Okay cool my friend, but the poster I responded too basically said in similar stance a bad scored on a test means that a player wont be a good QB in the league because nobody with a bad score ever has. Im just calling out the bad logic in the discussion.

Far as the players you listed, yes they are considered small but you are still overlooking the fact that Bryce is even smaller than all those guys so technically he is still a outlier all of his own and will have to do something never been done before for a player like him. Thats all.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Far as the players you listed, yes they are considered small but you are still overlooking the fact that Bryce is even smaller than all those guys so technically he is still a outlier all of his own and will have to do something never been done before for a player like him. Thats all.

How am I overlooking it, my second sentence is literally stating that he is smaller, I even use the phrasing "technically correct" to assess your take.  

Otherwise, I don't disagree with you.  Just gonna have some faith, if the staff can't get this pick right then there may be little hope they would have succeeded with anyone else.

4 minutes ago, stan786 said:

You gotta respect how he doesn’t waste any time peeling Bannanas so he has more time to watch film.

Respectable, but makes him an outlier!  Kentucky QB is also an outlier.  

Personally I like his dance moves....

Some of us are "young" enough to remember back to when sports news was limited to weekly/monthly mags. I recall a QB who was labeled as just a little mentally slow. Since then Terry Bradshaw has been riding that horse to the bank every week for forty+ years.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

The data also says a QB at 5'10 and barely weights 190 pounds is pretty much guaranteed not to be a success because its literally never been done but we are not gonna run with that now are we?? 

If it has never been done, the data really doesn't show a damned thing to be honest.

• Pie 2