• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Anthony Richardson was Panthers QB #2

TheSpecialJuan

10 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Top 5 becoming clear now:

1) Panthers -Bryce 

2) Texans -Levis 

3) Titans trade up with Cardinals - Stroud 

4) Colts -Will Anderson 

5) Seahawks -Richardson 

That would be wild. I, for 1, don't want to see AR in ATL twice a year. If he gets good, he'll be really good.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, panther4life said:

They are complete polar opposites in just about every way. I guess with an all star staff like we have, they surely had confidence they could coach Richardson up but he still needs that coaching, where as Bryce is plug and play right now. 

I can't wait to see what happens with Stroud too. He has undeniable talent that shows up on game days.

Levis just seems so weird to me with his whole eating an unpeeled banana schtick and mayo in the coffee. Admittedly I invested much less time in watching his games but he did nothing that led me to believe he would be worthy of the time once we got the number 1 pick.

Lastly I hope Hendon Hooker lands in a good situation too and I wouldn't even be upset if he somehow ended up with us.

Originally, I was all about staying at 9, taking a WR, and then hoping Hooker fell to us in the 2nd round.

Looks like he'll go somewhere in the first round though, if you can look past his knee and age, I think he's a great prospect, and his age concerns me more than the knee, ACL's aren't as big of a deal these days, but being 4 years older than most rookies is a lot for a QB.

16 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Seattle makes perfect sense. He needs time to develop. Geno so far is a one year wonder. 2 very good WRs and Pete Carroll. Good landing spot

Carroll even admitted during the process that he hates picking this high (even though it's because of a trade).  And if you're this high, you go for the moonshot.  They've got 20, 37, 52, 83.  Plenty of picks to build a team.  If you're a playoff team sitting at 5, with an emerging opening for a QB, and you can essentially redshirt the guy, you go for it.  

Perfect situation for both team & player. 

Edited by Bear Hands
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Me too. If i'm an agent, i want my guy to take that S2 in private, and if he scores poorly, i'm not having him take it for the NFL. 

A team can ask a prospect to take the test as part of their evaluation process.  If the prospect choses not to then I guess the team can use that decision as part of the evaluation. 

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

Originally, I was all about staying at 9, taking a WR, and then hoping Hooker fell to us in the 2nd round.

Looks like he'll go somewhere in the first round though, if you can look past his knee and age, I think he's a great prospect, and his age concerns me more than the knee, ACL's aren't as big of a deal these days, but being 4 years older than most rookies is a lot for a QB.

I agree with everything, but I would be really tempted if he's there at 39 or later. 

11 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Top 5 becoming clear now:

1) Panthers -Bryce 

2) Texans -Levis 

3) Titans trade up with Cardinals - Stroud 

4) Colts -Will Anderson 

5) Seahawks -Richardson 

My final prediction 

1 Panthers Bryce

2 Texans Will Anderson

3 Seahawks trade up from 5 to 3 for AR-15 

4 Colts Levis

5 Cardinals Witherspoon

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

A team can ask a prospect to take the test as part of their evaluation process.  If the prospect choses not to then I guess the team can use that decision as part of the evaluation. 

CJ should have refused.  But did he know in advance he would tank the test? Probably not.