• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral post to instagram

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

He doesn’t piss me off at all. He just does nothing for me. He never dominated in college. His numbers were good-ish. But he was a lame-duck pick. He’s likely never going to get a chance to show what he can do in the pros unless whatever team he’s on has a slew of injuries. 

He had a fast throwing motion but it’s not like the kid ever really lit it up in college either. The year he threw 29 TDS he also threw 14 INTs. Oof. Then his senior year he only threw 20 despite throwing more passes. 

Yeah but stats out of context are bullshit. If you just went off stats, Bryce Young fell off hard his last year.

1500 less yards. 15 less passing touchdowns. Lower completion percentage. 

Sam Howell was murdered for lesser stats, Bryce wasn’t. 

But there is context that explains it. 

So you have to dive in, and not just look at stats. Or at least if you look at raw stats…treat everyone the same way. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Varking said:

He doesn’t piss me off at all. He just does nothing for me. He never dominated in college. His numbers were good-ish. But he was a lame-duck pick. He’s likely never going to get a chance to show what he can do in the pros unless whatever team he’s on has a slew of injuries. 

He had a fast throwing motion but it’s not like the kid ever really lit it up in college either. The year he threw 29 TDS he also threw 14 INTs. Oof. Then his senior year he only threw 20 despite throwing more passes. 

Oh, trust me, I get it. I'm not enamored with the guy, either, but it was the Panthers who selected and signed him, not the other way around. That's all I'm saying.

Hey, if he thinks he's got a better opportunity to get his shot, and he needs to move on, the oblige him.

1 hour ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Corral was a 3rd round qb in an atrocious qb draft class, and he fits the bill for just that.  He has a nice release, but does not know what to do under center.

I treating it's still considered an "atrocious" QB class when there are at least three QBs drafted last year who are almost certainly going to be starting this year and quite possibly four depending on what the Pats do with Mac Jones.

• Pie 1

I am still blown away how so many people are sure that Corral has no future in the NFL based on a training camp where we had two "first stringers" in a "competition" for a completely crap coaching staff.  Followed by 20 plays in the fourth quarter of the first preseason game.  Really?

Look, I expect Corral isn't anything special, but for heavens sake, let's see what this staff can do with him.  Who know, maybe he gets coached up, looks good in preseason and we can flip him for a draft pick.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

42 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I treating it's still considered an "atrocious" QB class when there are at least three QBs drafted last year who are almost certainly going to be starting this year and quite possibly four depending on what the Pats do with Mac Jones.

And how many of those three are contenders? Falcons? Nope. Commanders? Nope. Steelers? Ehh not likely. It was a bad class, man.

9 minutes ago, travisura said:

And how many of those three are contenders? Falcons? Nope. Commanders? Nope. Steelers? Ehh not likely. It was a bad class, man.

How many teams starting second year QBs are ever considered contenders? 3-4 QBs penciled in as starters going into the second season is pretty damn good.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How many teams starting second year QBs are ever considered contenders? 3-4 QBs penciled in as starters going into the second season is pretty damn good.

If that's the criteria, then every draft is a pretty damn good QB draft. The vast majority of QBs drafted are not given up on after only one season, especially from rounds 1 and 2. That does not mean they're good QBs. Sam Darnold started his second season. Mitch Trubisky started his second season. Trey Lance started his second season. 

8 minutes ago, travisura said:

If that's the criteria, then every draft is a pretty damn good QB draft. The vast majority of QBs drafted are not given up on after only one season, especially from rounds 1 and 2. That does not mean they're good QBs. Sam Darnold started his second season. Mitch Trubisky started his second season. Trey Lance started his second season. 

Which coincides perfectly with what I said about last year's QB class. It stacked up pretty much on par with recent history outside of having any guys considered slam dunk top tier prospects. Which of those descriptions seems more accurate with 3-4 guys likely to start in year two? What I said or "atrocious"? The NFL undervalued that class.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Which coincides perfectly with what I said about last year's QB class. It stacked up pretty much on par with recent history outside of having any guys considered slam dunk top tier prospects.

I just don't think you can say it's a good class just because there are three(?) starters in year two, especially when you look at the context of why each one is starting. Is Howell even going to start over Brissett? Debatable. We're really only looking at Ridder and Pickett as locked in starters. And if those are the guys you're gonna hang your hat on to call it a good class, then we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

49 minutes ago, travisura said:

I just don't think you can say it's a good class just because there are three(?) starters in year two, especially when you look at the context of why each one is starting. Is Howell even going to start over Brissett? Debatable. We're really only looking at Ridder and Pickett as locked in starters. And if those are the guys you're gonna hang your hat on to call it a good class, then we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

I'm saying it validates what I always said about that class. It's a fairly standard QB class and everyone was acting like it was atrocious because it lacked guys who were viewed as elite top tier prospects. An atrocious class wouldn't have 3-4 guys expected to start in year two. That fanbase and locker room in DC will revolt if Brissett starts over Howell 

4 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Yeah but stats out of context are bullshit. If you just went off stats, Bryce Young fell off hard his last year.

1500 less yards. 15 less passing touchdowns. Lower completion percentage. 

Sam Howell was murdered for lesser stats, Bryce wasn’t. 

But there is context that explains it. 

So you have to dive in, and not just look at stats. Or at least if you look at raw stats…treat everyone the same way. 

It wasn’t just that MC2 fell off. It’s that he never was great. 

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Oh, trust me, I get it. I'm not enamored with the guy, either, but it was the Panthers who selected and signed him, not the other way around. That's all I'm saying.

Hey, if he thinks he's got a better opportunity to get his shot, and he needs to move on, the oblige him.

I pitched last week we should offer him straight up for Malik Willis. Not that TN has Levis there is no path forward for Malik. 

I can't stand when professional athletes act like this on social media.  64 dif QBs started last year in the NFL. When your backing up a 5'11 200lb NFL QB chances are your playing at some point.

Dude needs to focus at the task on hand.....Win everyday and be ready always. Don't be a cry baby be a fn winner.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1