• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So let’s talk about Levis

NAS

1 hour ago, csx said:

He's right, we spend way too much time obsessing over ever single moment of OTAs and practices and stuff. There's just way too much media out there right now and honestly it's ruining the game. Everything is so under the microscope anymore and there are soooo many pundits that it's easy to forget about the game itself.

I realized that during the week, I'll spend more time watching football coverage and conversation than I actually spend watching the games. I'm not sure that's healthy for the sport (much less for myself) and for the fanbase. 

And honestly, I'm getting kinda creeped out by the overly enthusiastic man crushes people develop over players, even newly minted rookies. I think we're losing perspective.

• Pie 2

28 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

They said  Big Ben was a meathead, too and couldn't move up from college and make it. Somehow the big lunk did. (And I still think he's a meathead.)

Would've been interesting to see if it would've turned out the same way of he hadn't gotten drafted by the best team in the league at the time which was also one of the most stable, well ran organizations in the league. I mean, he got drafted into an absolute dream scenario.

• Pie 1

wasn't but about a couple weeks ago that Bryce had some really good practices and was doing some really impressive things, but two jokers with a podcast (and who doesn't have a podcast these days?) mention that since bryce had two underthrown balls...he wasn't doing very well. of course the people who never liked the pick (you know who you are) started shaking their head "guys...we've got a problem. I hope he can get this stuff cleaned up before the season starts!" 

and then about a week later there's a video of him having one ball batted down (the ONLY one he's had batted down, mind you) and then comes in those same guys come in going "guys...we've got a problem. he's too short! we told you this was going to happen! that's what we've got to look forward to..." 

bryce has had an incredibly impressive bunch of practices so far. sure..there's been a couple minor instances where things didn't go quite right, but remember this.

1) he's a rookie. these are his first several weeks of practices at the pro level EVER. i don't care where you draft him (ahem, mr. "for what we gave up to draft him he'd BETTER come in playing at an all-pro level") there is going to be things to improve on. 

2) he's had very few issues or things to report on that didn't go as well as they could have. considering HE'S A ROOKIE there could always be a lot more

3) through practices and coaching, the good things that he does will only get better and the mistakes he makes will lessen and improvements will be made. if the guy has any kind of work ethic (never been talked about as an issue with Bryce, in fact his dedication has been seen as far and above most at any level) and he has the capacity to learn (something that has been talked about as another great strength of his)...you can count on him only getting better from anything we've seen so far and will see throughout the offseason and during the season. 

We'll see some incredible things...and we'll see some mistakes. but what we will also see is him getting better and better in all facets as time goes on.

and yeah, i know this is a thread about levis. i'm sure he'll get better as well...but i just don't see him as being anything special. if he's on some good teams, he'll do pretty well. if he's on not so great teams, he's going to struggle. he's not going to be a guy that can carry his team, but he'll be ok. 

• Beer 1

I'm honestly just not that interested in Levis. I think the dude is gonna suck.

I'm very interested in Young (obviously), Stroud, and Richardson simply because those were the three guys I was okay with at #1. It's always interesting to see how draft classes pan out. Really hoping we drafted a damn stud and don't even care if he turns out not to be the best of the bunch as long as we end up having high level team success.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mother Grabber said:

not going to feel bad for the millionaire frat boy who’s never worked a hard day in his life being criticized for not being great at the sportsballs

Not sure which "frat guy" you're talking about, but pro sports is definitely work if you're gonna be any good at it.

Ask Steve Smith...or guys like Jerome Bettis who destroyed their body for the game.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

cam sucked ass in otas, sucked ass in preseason and exploded in week 1

Richardson is supposedly having a good practice as is stroud but nobody doesnt know poo until the bullets start flying

Yep Willis looked great in practice and preseason last year. Regular season showed he is still very raw and not ready to the point of Tennessee drafting another QB.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Yep Willis looked great in practice and preseason last year. Regular season showed he is still very raw and not ready to the point of Tennessee drafting another QB.

I gotta think there was a lot more to the Titans seemingly moving on so quickly than what we saw on the field. They must have made the decision that there were off field concerns or limitations in work ethic or mentally that would prevent him from ever maximizing his physical talents. I mean, they were basically running a HS offense with him last year. Had to think it was just a small school rookie being protected at the time but seeing how quickly they moved on from him being their focus at QB for the future I don't think it was just them protecting a rookie. It may have been all he was capable of executing.

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I gotta think there was a lot more to the Titans seemingly moving on so quickly than what we saw on the field. They must have made the decision that there were off field concerns or limitations in work ethic or mentally that would prevent him from ever maximizing his physical talents. I mean, they were basically running a HS offense with him last year. Had to think it was just a small school rookie being protected at the time but seeing how quickly they moved on from him being their focus at QB for the future I don't think it was just them protecting a rookie. It may have been all he was capable of executing.

Yeah but then they draft Levis so it’s tough to understand where they are coming from…