• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So let’s talk about Levis

NAS

25 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah but then they draft Levis so it’s tough to understand where they are coming from…

😂

True. Feels like the exact same thing again. Oh look, here is a very intriguing physical talent available considerably later in the draft than most expected largely based off of mental/processing concerns.

• Pie 1

54 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

who’s the thread about

Fairly certain he wouldn't give a sh-t about any of our opinions either (why should he?)

Levis could busy or he could turn out to be great, as could CJ Stroud, Anthony Richardson and yes, Bryce Young.

Acting like we know the outcome for any of them right now is kinda Colin Cowherdish.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

😂

True. Feels like the exact same thing again. Oh look, here is a very intriguing physical talent available considerably later in the draft than most expected largely based off of mental/processing concerns.

Also known as the drafting formula loads of people on here embraced pre-draft but that everybody is now down on since we went the opposite direction 😕

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Also known as the drafting formula loads of people on here embraced pre-draft but that everybody is now down on since we went the opposite direction 😕

True, but it’s still odd they did a very similar thing a year ago. I think most agree these physically talented, raw QBs need time to develop. They could do this every year, but without time and commitment it’s going to fail. Hopefully they do right by Levis and develop him properly. 

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

True, but it’s still odd they did a very similar thing a year ago. I think most agree these physically talented, raw QBs need time to develop. They could do this every year, but without time and commitment it’s going to fail. Hopefully they do right by Levis and develop him properly. 

It's a bad strategy.

Doing it twice in a row certainly doesn't help.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Who wanted that approach? 

Anthony Richardson fans.

• Pie 2

57 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fairly certain he wouldn't give a sh-t about any of our opinions either (why should he?)

Levis could busy or he could turn out to be great, as could CJ Stroud, Anthony Richardson and yes, Bryce Young.

Acting like we know the outcome for any of them right now is kinda Colin Cowherdish.

cool. none of that has anything to do with what i said. 

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Richardson was drafted #4 overall and I don't recall any talk of him struggling in interviews, etc. That seems like a huge reach.

The rationale for drafting Richardson was basically the same one for drafting Levis or for Willis last year, i.e. grab the raw guy with the physical talent and coach him up.

One difference: This year's version of that carried the additional tagline of "our coaching staff can handle it". Nobody was saying that last year.

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Would've been interesting to see if it would've turned out the same way of he hadn't gotten drafted by the best team in the league at the time which was also one of the most stable, well ran organizations in the league. I mean, he got drafted into an absolute dream scenario.

True, very true.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

The rationale for drafting Richardson was basically the same one for drafting Levis or for Willis last year, i.e. grab the raw guy with the physical talent and coach him up.

One difference: This year's version of that carried the additional tagline of "our coaching staff can handle it". Nobody was saying that last year.

I would have been OK with Richardson at #9. I think he has a better chance of developing than mental case Levis.

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

No it didn't.

Richardson had the most jaw dropping tape of any of the QBs.  

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

And your lazy answer is just cowardice.  What’s the point of debate if you say that all four of those have an equal chance of being good. 

I have seen what I have seen from Levis. He has some ego and mental issues which will hinder his development. His tape at Kentucky doesn’t lie. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Also known as the drafting formula loads of people on here embraced pre-draft but that everybody is now down on since we went the opposite direction

Wrong again, I never was high on Levis so you should name names or otherwise you’re just being a douche

Edited by NAS