• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which team ‘won’ round 1 and which team ‘bombed’

TheBigKat

Winners of round 1:

Eagles- Carter and Smith in round 1 to an already sick defense. They’re cultivating the Philly Bulldogs up there

Texans- QB1 and stud stud DE/OLB, that’s called new era aggressive for year 1 Ryans era

Ravens: signed Lamar and drafted a speed WR, this should be fun 

Losers:

Lions: WTH, your defense is what kept you out of the playoffs. You signed Montgomery, you have Swift

• Pie 3

No, y'all have it all wrong.  Each team is thrilled with their guy!  They can't believe they were able to draft the best player on their boards!  This is just exactly what they wanted to happen!

/sarcasm

That's basically what every coach and GM presser says.

• Pie 1

my bias is showing, but we got the difference maker we've been needing since Cam was torpedoed by Watt. we win there.

but aside from that, the texans and eagles...fantastic moves for both of them. i mentioned a couple times that i thought the texans would try and trade #12 to move up and get their QB after drafting their stud D guy, but trading back up to #3 and having back to back picks really blew me away. happy that it was stroud because i like him.

eagles getting jalen carter....the rich gets richer. and then picking up nolan carter. dude, that team is stacked on defense. but picking up Carter was a huge win for them. i saw micah parsons react to the eagles getting carter and it was priceless...

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Eagles and Texans did good. Texans got their centerpiece for offense and defense for the next decade. Eagles made their defense downright crazy.

Lions had the opportunity to kill it and potentially become a top 3 NFC team but apparently Marty Hurney works for them now

Or Marty Mornhinwig

The Detroit Lions mishandled the first round immensely.  

They had pick 6 & 18...trade down to 12 (Witherspoon taken at 5 screwed up their plans methinks), land Gibbs at RB over guys like Van Ness and Gonzo, then pick ILB Campbell at 18. 

They now have pick 34, 48 & 55...but shipped 81 so have a gap until 152 after 55.  Just a weird strategy.  More trades coming for them methinks.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2