• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 3 - The Carolina Panthers Select DJ Johnson - EDGE - Oregon

rodeo

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly not very familiar with the player but those highlights shown on NFLN showed no burst and get off speed at all. He comes off the line like a fat kid on his third trip to the buffet line. He ran a nice 40 but he must be a guy who builds speed because his first step is awful if those highlights and representative.

He ran an 11 second 100m sprint in High School (I know this because he initially signed with the Hurricanes).

8 minutes ago, Smithers said:

He had more sacks this year than anyone on our roster not named Burns.  6.5 sacks in 11 games.  Trust the staff

Can yall quit saying "trust the staff" it's annoying as fug. Have we ever had any reason to trust any staff we've ever had to this point?

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, App Panther said:

I guess the theme of Day 2 is low production college players with boom potential. 

Ravens know how to draft LBs and took Simpson. This is who we should have been trading up for.

We are not in the position to take swings like this with so little picks and needing to find depth. 

We needed a pass rusher, not a traditional LB

12 minutes ago, Cam Lawter said:

Mingo wasn't a reach. You will be in for a suprise. This one is a little bit of a head scratcher but its end of 3rd round. It's not that big of a deal.

Most of you watch clips. I watched Mingo from HS at Brandon High and at Ole Miss. This is no different than folks falling in love with Greg Little. Mingo isn't going to be a bust, but he isn't Metcalf or Brown. It was a reach at 39

To the doubters.

This guy's attributes sets up for what we needed. He's a run stopper. We don't have many of those. He is an edge setter. 

Y'all need to chill tf out. I have been able to understand every pick we've taken, most of you forget no draft pick is perfect. They have to learn the game. And that's part of the battle.

You would have done this. We should've done that. You should go get in a thumb war with someone who cares. Bc I can promise you the Panthers FO does not.

Edited by Diehardpanth02
  • Pie 4
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Mol3m4n said:

Seems like a bunch of butthurt Clemson fans are in this thread tbh.

I ain't no fuggin Clemsux fan.

Dude was completely off the radar, 25 year old, 6 year, 6 sacks having ass, PAC 12 honorable mention from a school that has never produced good edges, even when Dionte Jordan was touted as the best thing since slice bread he busted as a top 5 pick.

Great UDFA signing, AWFUL trade up target with what was available.

I pray to God Evero gets him right - but by the time he even gets a jersey Evero will be a HC elsewhere.

Waste of a pick, waste of a draft capital. 

• Flames 2
  • Poo 1

Just now, bobcat91 said:

Most of you watch clips. I watched Mingo from HS at Brandon High and at Ole Miss. This is no different than folks falling in love with Greg Little. Mingo isn't going to be a bust, but he isn't Metcalf or Brown. It was a reach at 39

Sadly I agree…he was clueless and didn’t care when anyone tried to interview him.  Ouch

Just now, GOAT said:

I ain't no fuggin Clemsux fan.

Dude was completely off the radar, 25 year old, 6 year, 6 sacks having ass, PAC 12 honorable mention from a school that has never produced good edges, even when Dionte Jordan was touted as the best thing since slice bread he busted as a top 5 pick.

Great UDFA signing, AWFUL trade up target with what was available.

I pray to God Evero gets him right - but by the time he even gets a jersey Evero will be a HC elsewhere.

Waste of a pick, waste of a draft capital. 

Did I direct quote you? 

2 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Can yall quit saying "trust the staff" it's annoying as fug. Have we ever had any reason to trust any staff we've ever had to this point?

It's crazy, like we're coming off a dynasty and not the worst stretch of years in franchise history.

• Pie 1