• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 3 - The Carolina Panthers Select DJ Johnson - EDGE - Oregon

rodeo

80. Carolina Panthers (from Steelers): D.J. Johnson, EDGE, Oregon

• Grade: C

The Panthers were good to think about getting a power-based complement for Brian Burns. It’s an average move because Johnson is more of a mid-Day 3 pick than a late Day 2 one.

21 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

1.10 time stamp not very enthusiastic..lol 

“biggest reach in the draft” undrafted fa grade.. wow

Who tf are these jabronis? They could be any random huddler sitting around with a laptop pulling up prospect profiles talking like a pro scout.

• Pie 1

80. Carolina Panthers [TRADE]: DJ Johnson, EDGE, Oregon

Grade: C-

The Panthers needed another complementary edge rusher but man, this feels like a reach. Johnson is a great athlete who is still learning how to play LB. but he has all the tools to make it work.

13 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Brah like…plenty of times this forum makes a better choice. I did it when I wanted Crosby over Grier (lmao) and I’m an idiot…I remember people doing it  for Little…

Even the ‘professionals’ make some idiot moves.

Congrats, you can identify talent. I remember when I wanted Diggs more than any WR in 2015 draft. I thought I was the smartest boy in school.

The next step is realizing that everyone in the FO can identify talent, probably realized just as well as we do what a talent can do, and realize that they only have a limited number of assets and many needs.

We have a need at edge. There aren't many other great edge players left in the draft. Take a talent, hope you can develop him.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Who tf are these jabronis? They could be any random huddler sitting around with a laptop pulling up prospect profiles talking like a pro scout.

Renner is 1 of the best in the business if you don’t know him I’m sorry..

Edited by WOW!!

53 minutes ago, Mol3m4n said:

Front office obviously feels different or they wouldn't have traded. 

A better defensive end/ edge (Byron Young) went to the Rams 2 to 3 picks before us. It’s possible our front office wanted Young and had to settle for Johnson. Trade ups take time to be approved. Every analyst and expert questioned this pick. If you honestly watch his highlights you can clearly see he is a project. Questioning the pick is very realistic. He has good measurables so I hope most of the experts are incorrect but there were better picks available. Plus we lost our 4th for this young man while having holes on the roster. I have no idea why you don’t see that as a problem.