• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 3 - The Carolina Panthers Select DJ Johnson - EDGE - Oregon

rodeo

8 hours ago, Krovvy said:

He sucker punched a fan.

I get the impression he'll do well for the Panthers for a season or two and then punch his girlfriend, get traded or released, play a couple more meh seasons in the NFL, become an MMA fighter and get his ass kicked by nobodies.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

I get the impression he'll do well for the Panthers for a season or two and then punch his girlfriend, get traded or released, play a couple more meh seasons in the NFL, become an MMA fighter and get his ass kicked by nobodies.

And have a stan or two on this forum insisting that we could sign him off the street right now and he'd singlehandedly guide us to 50 straight Super Bowl wins

• Beer 1

54 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Seems like a Gettleman or Hurney type pick where something obvious was staring the war room in the face but they got cute and went with "upside"

But, but, but we have this new so awesome staff. Lol.  I think many are in for a let down with this staff.  

Don't love the trade but I understand it. He's a high risk high reward guy. He may end up being a double digit sack guy that Evero eventually unlocks and he may never have a sack. 

I definitely think we need to call Leonard Floyd

6 hours ago, KillerKat said:

With all the years spent doing the complete opposite in favor of defense, I am perfectly fine with this finally being the offense that benefits more for a change.

This x100

Everybody kept bitching that we would always put offense on the back burner in drafts. Now that we finally did the opposite (like everybody wanted), now everybody saying we should have went defense early lol I for one am absolutely HYPED on Mingo. Dude has all the tools to become a LEGIT #1 ala AJ Brown type.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Just a reminder.. there is  a group of professionals that have been researching, grading, and talking over 1,000 prospects since last fall. If the FO has conviction on him then I trust them.

In reality they've been scouting most of these guys since high-school. The Panthers evaluate 2 years of players game film as well. 

2 hours ago, TheWiz said:

Coaches have an arrogant way of thinking they can fix everybody. This feels like they had to reach for Evero to give him something of value after taking Mingo in the 2nd. 

The low production and character concerns tell me this guy is somebody we should’ve waited for. But If he works out, nobody will remember or cafe that we traded up for him. 

Eviro knows the kind of players he’s looking for to match the scheme so they’re looking at the position and the board much different than most people. I’m meh … but will trust the coaching process. 

Im hoping we get some oLine / corner depth on the last day 

I don’t think it’s about hitting on everyone, I think it’s about hitting on some and having a star on your hands.

Some of them need to start working out real quick though. 

Basically, this draft came down to Bryce Young over CJ Stroud at QB and WR Mingo over OLB/Edge Ojulari.  Johnson was a pick to minimize the damage by not taking Ojulari.  I see Mingo's upside and I think he could be great. 

Another thing to remember:  We had Eke Leota in for a visit, along with 3 other teams.  I think he is a diamond in the rough--he could be an undrafted free agent, but I doubt it.   https://www.nfl.com/prospects/eku-leota/32004c45-4f77-2615-e3d6-a2255f6293d2

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1