• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

eerily similar situation regarding rookie QB number (tinfoil hat / jersey number fans only)

GOAT

Aside from your weird conspiracy, what is interesting is that in the press conference last night with Fitts, Reich, they said he wouldn’t come in and be handed he starting job but they did say he’d be the #2… So basically he already jumped Corral without even getting to Charlotte yet. I bet Corral is gone today or tomorrow for a late pick.

People talking poo in here. Surprise surprise. 

His #2 is available so the only reason I see him hesitating to switch is if it indeed does cost him money to do so. 

Then it’s understandable why he wouldn’t want to switch, and the default shouldn’t be “he’s an asshole cut him.”

35 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

If Corrall actually could be the guy. Would you expect him to give up his number ? You know Cam sure as hell wouldn’t .

Corrall sucks but every player in the NFL has to believe they are the best.

chris rock wtf GIF

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Reality is, a second year player drafted in the 3rd round….should feel he can be the man.  Regardless of what the team does. Act that way too.  That’s in theory what we want the roster full of. 

I got no problem if Corral keeps the number.  I’d sell it though. 

Yeah I don’t understand how anyone realistically thinks he should just roll over. He’s still a man. Bryce is the new guy. Pick another number or buy it.

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

so back in 2011, Cam Newton who played his CFB in the state of Alabama, was drafted by the Panthers #1 overall, he wore #2 his whole life - being the middle child. The number was important to him. He offered a ton of money to Jimmy Clausen, a QB that attended Oaks Christian High School in Westlake Village, CA. A QB that was drafted by the Panthers day 2 the year prior. Jimmy denied Cam Newton which resulted in him wearing #1. Jimmy then switched to #7 after Jason Baker left like an asshole. The rest is history.

fast forward 12 years later, the Panthers draft Bryce Young who played his CFB in the state of Alabama, was drafted by the Panthers #1 overall, he wore #9 his whole life. That number currently belongs to Matt Corral, a QB that attended Oaks Christian High School in Westlake Village, CA. A QB that was drafted by the Panthers day 2 the year prior. 

Matt already seems salty, and his College number #2 is now available. Does he give #9 to Bryce? Does he be an asshole and say no and then switch the next year just before being cut?

This is some Lincoln / Kennedy poo for real.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Varking said:

I’ve been pitching, if Levis goes to the Titans, we swap him for Malik Willis 1:1 to give both guys a fresh start. 

Levis was just selected by the Titans, so now Fitterer needs to contact them and try to work something out.

1 hour ago, OneBadCat said:

Corrall sucks but every player in the NFL has to believe they are the best.

Does he actually suck ? I’m not sure we know that at this point and time. People that feel he should just give up his number are foolish.  Put yourself in his shoes, I know I wouldn’t just give it up.