• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 4 - The Carolina Panthers Select Chandler Zavala - G - North Carolina State

rodeo

32 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

How can you not be excited about this pick based off of Campen's reaction.  He really wanted this guy, and we got him.  Many of us have played sports or still do.  You know that feeling when you nail a shot to win the game.  You react just like this.  

If I wasn't excited before, I am now. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

How can you not be excited about this pick based off of Campen's reaction.  He really wanted this guy, and we got him.  Many of us have played sports or still do.  You know that feeling when you nail a shot to win the game.  You react just like this.  

Lets Go Reaction GIF by The Lonely Island

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

8 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

This isn't just applicable to Zavala, but it's nice to see the Panthers finally getting guys from the local schools.

Does make me wonder though, if NCSU's oline was this good a couple of years ago, why was their run game one of the worst in the ACC?

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Flames 1

If he can take BC's job at LG, then BC becomes our OT depth as the swing T. Then he takes over RT when Moton's contract hits $30m.   At G, we then have Mays (who looked good in brief duty last year) and Corbett--and McCray behind Zavala and Corbett.  Mays and McCray can play C and G. 

Edited by MHS831
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, WOW!! said:

I don’t mind if every year  they make Campen happy with a Olinemen pick..

The Panthers came to terms with these 2 undrafted rookie OL right after the draft — OT Ricky Lee (North Carolina A&T) — OG Nash Jensen (North Dakota State).

8 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Yeah, Brady is cool but Campen loves him some tough Motherfugers or what he said when he cussed like 10 times in his opening presser last year. They didn't outright say it but I could see Brady going back to swing tackle/starting right guard while Corbett is out and letting the NC state boys road grade on the left side with Boze in the middle. After Bryce the theme seems to be dudes not scared to hit, which is something we've had an issue with for a while

• Pie 1