• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 5 - The Carolina Panthers Select Jammie Robinson - S - Florida State

rodeo

8 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

I like the looks of the backfield:

LCB: Donte Jackson - Eric Rowe
RCB: Jaycee Horn - C.J. Henderson - Keith Taylor Jr.
SS: Vonn Bell - Jeremy Chinn - Sam Franklin 
FS: Xavier Woods - Jammie Robinson

Jackson won’t be 100 next season and cj henderson should be sent out of town one way. Probably go back into free agency after the 1st.

S Jammie Robinson: NFL Draft scouting report

We break down Florida State safety Jammie Robinson with a scouting report heading into the 2023 NFL Draft

TALLAHASSEE, FL - MARCH 31: Defensive Back Jammie Robinson works out for NFL Scouts and Coaches during Florida State Pro Day at the Dunlap Training Facility on the campus of FSU on March 31, 2023 in Tallahassee, Florida.Photo by Don Juan Moore/Getty Images

The Carolina Panthers drafted Robinson with the 145th overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft. The Panthers' defense keeps improving, with Robinson adding solid depth to the safety position. The team signed Vonn Bell in the offseason to pair with Jeremy Chinn, so Robinson likely adds depth along with Xavier Woods and Eric Rowe.

Former Florida State Seminoles and South Carolina Gamecocks safety Jammie Robinson spent two seasons with both programs with a lot of playing time to prepare him for the next level. His skills translate well to the pros, and it will be interesting to follow where his career goes.

Over four seasons, Robinson accumulated 318 tackles including 15 for loss with seven total interceptions. He also finished with 16 passes defended, three forced fumbles and a fumble recovery.

Jammie Robinson: Scouting Report

Robinson is an aggressive safety with plenty of toughness needed at the position. He played a big role in making tackles at the college level with at least 40 each season he played. Robinson can break on the ball well, leading to pass breakups and interceptions.

As for the weaknesses, length could be an issue, and Robinson’s numbers at the NFL Combine were a bit underwhelming.

Mock Draft landing spots

Robinson can expect to go on Day 3 in the late fourth or early fifth round. ESPN’s Matt Miller has him landing with the Panthers in the fifth round, and CBS’ Ryan Palmer sees him going to the Texans in the fourth. Dane Brugler from The Athletic projects the Browns to select him in the fourth. NFL.com’s Chad Reuter has him going as early as the third round, though, heading to the Las Vegas Raiders at pick No. 100.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Who's angry? I'm just joking around. Now, if you're saying that makes you angry, well...Sesame Street Idk GIF

its hard to descipher the poo posts from the poo opinions on the huddle. they blur together.

i just laugh at the rly bad ones

1 hour ago, CAPantherFan said:

panthersb_logo.gif  Carolina Panthers: Jammie Robinson, S, Florida State - B Grade  
Jammie Robinson is great in run support, but can be lost in coverage. The Panthers have struggled to stop the run in recent years, so this pick makes sense

I like the fact that Jammie Robinson is an aggressive safety with plenty of toughness needed at the position.

He played a big role in making tackles at the college level with at least 40 each season he played.

Not sure were the "can be lost in coverage" you stated  comes from because he can break on the ball well, leading to pass breakups and interceptions.

Florida State image Jammie Robinson, S, Florida State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 191. Arm: 29.63. Hand: 8.75.
Official 40 Time: 4.59.
Projected Round (2023): 4-6.
4/24/23: In 2022, Robinson totaled 99 tackles, an interception and five passes broken up. Sources say he is a good player, but undersized. They feel Robinson might have to be a nickelback in the NFL.

7/1/22: Robinson has been a steady contributor and run defender over the past three seasons. He recorded 62 tackles in 2019 and followed that up with 74 of them in 2020. In each of those seasons, he notched an interception and four passes defended. Robinson put together his best season in 2021 with 84 tackles four interceptions, two forced fumbles and three passes defended. Robinson is short and light, so he could stand to add some weight for the NFL.

I think the only reason he fell to 5th is his 40 time is a little slow for a defensive back.  I think this is a solid depth pick up, not just for special teams, I think he can actually develop into a solid rotational player.

• Pie 5

56 minutes ago, Butterflyj30 said:

This guy has me pumped. Love the connection to Jaycee and the chip he's coming into the league with. It's a healthy chip and I think he's going to compete.

2023 Fifth Round Robinson DB > 2020 Fifth Round Robinson DB

• Pie 1