• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So What Exactly Are We Doing on 3rd and 1, 4th and 1, and Goal Line Situations?

Hoenheim

44 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Ans how realstic is it he actually makes the team? And what is his name???

I mean, if the team is concerned with short yardage and thinks he’s their guy for those situations he’ll make the team. Or they can put in Dalton for sneaks if they want. Or use a fb. Or run 2-3 TE sets. Or use Sanders. There’s a lot of options.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

The Panthers did sign this guy as an UDFA

USATSI_17291193_168386526_lowres.jpg

He's 6'2" 225lbs.

They can also use DJ Johnson as a TE in a goal line or jumbo package.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Peoples ends up making the roster. The kid can play. He lacks elite speed but the guy can play. 4.6 speed for a guy that size isn't exactly "slow".

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Beast_3000 said:

He caught 50 passes in 2019 as a rookie. That’s why the Panthers signed him instead of Foreman. To Miles Sanders own admission he hasn’t been catching quite that many lately but he says he expects more than the 25-30 passes per season he caught in Philly.

He was interviewed on Panthers.com and talked about pass catching and the style of offense we will run. It’s pretty good. Give it a listen. 

Philly also phased him out after his rookie season in that role.  Regardless, we got Miles Sanders and what?  He turns and ankle and? 

I still favor a 3rd down type RB add over a bruiser given we are going to have a dink/dunk O.  The depth there is a concern.  

• Beer 1

I mean... who else do we need? They're going to be behind Icky, Zavala, Bozeman, Christensen/Corbett, and Moton with Mays lining up as OL6 or FB if they gotta run it.

And if they gotta throw it, they can throw it to one of the 53 6'1" 200lbs+ WRs on the roster.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 2

2 hours ago, ickmule said:

don’t worry, Bryce will push it right up the middle   

And people think this staff is legit. Lol. 

Aw sweetie,  the short bus doesn't run where you live does it?

I know football isn't your first, or even second sport. However, there are plenty of ways to make a 3rd  and 1. Hang around, maybe you'll learn somethig new.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Bryce wasn't my first QB choice due to his size but at this point why dont we get behind him and support him?  No, he is not going to be moving any piles but there are other ways and I have a feeling a power back is coming to us in some way whether it be immediately or later on by training camp in a trade or other teams release.

I may end up being wrong, but I really do believe we made the right choice at QB. Bryce was the pick for me, regardless of size.

• Beer 1