• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So What Exactly Are We Doing on 3rd and 1, 4th and 1, and Goal Line Situations?

Hoenheim

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Not worried about that.  Sanders can get a yard with good OL play.  OL play realistically is most important in getting a yard. And the best QB sneaker in probably NFL history is Tom Brady.  

I still say the biggest issue is we keep suggesting a dink dunk O with no pass catching RB on the roster.  I mean coaches keep saying Sanders can be a 3 down back but they emphasis that because he really isn’t one. Stone hands Hubbard is behind Sanders.  I’d rather get a legit 3rd down receiving back.   Think that remains a big need.   

Sanders had 50 receptions in 2019…just curious how many catches does a rb need to be considered a valid pass catcher?  No he’s not Cmac but I think he’s a very good RB

4 minutes ago, poorboysrev said:

Sanders had 50 receptions in 2019…just curious how many catches does a rb need to be considered a valid pass catcher?  No he’s not Cmac but I think he’s a very good RB

I mean Philly did phase him out after that one season.  

Even if you argue he can do it all…..he is still all we got.  Which is problematic.  Why not have someone really good behind him at pass catching given we have a rookie QB and want to implement a small ball O? 

not really looking forward to an ankle injury having our backfield primarily be Hubbard 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

One thing I wonder about is, whether acting like a little naysaying bitch on the internet ever gets old for some people.  Clearly for him it doesn't.

On topic though, Cam Peoples.  Next question.

Yeah, he's always been that way, even as far back as the old Charlotte Observer Panthers forum. If he's ever said anything positive about the Panthers, I don't remember it.

Now someone said earlier that the best 3rd & 1 or 4th & 1 QB was Tom Brady. He did it by getting low and basically going under the linemen. What better QB to do that than Young whose already closer to the ground?

4 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I also agree acting like only big RB’s are able to get tough yards is hilarious and really not a thing at all

I think they are mostly complaining as a shot at taking Young because the only way to pick up a first down on 4th and 1 is to have a qb sneak it 100% of the time because anything else is predictable..

5 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

I'd take him over Blackshear and Chubba. Really this coaching staff shouldn't feel the need to keep either of those two anyway because they didn't bring them in. 

We ran with at least 3 RBs last year, I'd just replace Blackshear with this dude.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

We'll do whatever we want to do with the players we've got to fit the situation. And we'll score.

There's more than one way to play offense. There's more than one way to handle 4th and 1.

Just calm your worried minds. It will be ok.

Happy Feel Good GIF

I feel like most people are just being snarky in here and acting like Converting short yardage is an easy task when I've seen the team struggle with it previously. Yes different staff and players but I have some bad memories of cmc getting walled in crucial short yard scenarios. 

No you don't need a big power back but it helps. Can you really tell me Foreman didn't help in that regard??

Somebody said Tom Brady and qb sneak.  Tom Brady is 6 foot 4 come on 

I just see Bryce always on shotgun all the time in his highlights, and it just made me wonder how we're going to covert goal line situations. 

I hope that Camerun dude from app state makes the roster and replace Blackshear or Chubba. 

18 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

I feel like most people are just being snarky in here and acting like Converting short yardage is an easy task when I've seen the team struggle with it previously. Yes different staff and players but I have some bad memories of cmc getting walled in crucial short yard scenarios. 

No you don't need a big power back but it helps. Can you really tell me Foreman didn't help in that regard??

Somebody said Tom Brady and qb sneak.  Tom Brady is 6 foot 4 come on 

I just see Bryce always on shotgun all the time in his highlights, and it just made me wonder how we're going to covert goal line situations. 

I hope that Camerun dude from app state makes the roster and replace Blackshear or Chubba. 

Idk you framed the question as if the only way to convert those situations is a Cam Newton stature QB, or a power back, and that we had no opportunity to add a power back or come up with plays that work with Bryce Young. Most teams don’t run QB sneaks as much as the Eagles did last year, or as much as the Patriots did with Brady. We didn’t run them much with a more traditional sized QB like Darnold. I don’t even remember running them all that much with Newton. In fact, I remember some significant frustration with some of the short yardage play calling with Newton.