• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rd 2 and Rd 3 eval from Char observer

raleigh-panther

7 minutes ago, Swaggasaurus said:

Third year at OLB vs first year. Stats don’t lie. 

I get the age knock and still don’t like the pick. But BJ Ojulari is a poor argument. I don’t give a fug about #18, it’s irrelevant.Brian Kelly is a murderer, don’t tell me anything about character and reference a school that hired a murderer. 

Dude I don't even watch college football except for to watch prospects. I have no allegiences what so ever to any program.  I was just pointing out that they gave Ojulari the number points to him being a high character, hard working guy. The Brian Kelly poo is irrelevant to the comparison of two prospects.

How many players have we seen that have all the tools and traits fail in the NFL because they don't have the mental makeup for it? Literally countless. 

And stats are nice, but context matters too. 

Edited by Coheed

1 minute ago, Coheed said:

Dude I don't even watch college football except for to watch prospects. I have no allegiences what so ever to any program.  I was just pointing out that they gave Ojulari the number points to him being a high character, hard working guy. The Brian Kelly poo is irrelevant to the comparison of two prospects.

How many players have we seen that have all the tools and traits fail in the NFL because they don't have the mental makeup for it? Literally countless. 

I felt the #18 poo was irrelevant as well and it’s cornball. DJ Johnson could easily bust, easily. The Ojulari argument is baffling whether he wore 18 or 69 or played at LSU or UNC. 6 sacks in power 5 is 6 sacks in power 5 to me. 

Ojulari….the better prospect heads up. But this weird argument that he was worthy of 39 and we should have went there, but Johnson is an F minus pick at 80 is absurd when you compare both production in 2022 and testing numbers.

1 hour ago, Bostonheelfish said:

Oh no, teh presha. What an amateurish observation. Poor DJ Johnson, gets more money and validation from a higher draft position, but the Panthers shouldn’t have drafted him there because when he’s battling the offense he’ll feel the pressure of his draft position 🙄 

That comment was from Kaye’s article not me 

truthfully, I could give two shakes of a rat’s ass about pro athletes feeling pressure 

no one makes them do what they do and most make more in a year than I did in 5

I think he was a bad pick and a panic pick

i hope I’m proven to be very wrong 

Its obvious too early to tell.   Just because something seems like a reach the day after the draft doesnt mean it will be a reach when they actually get to the football field.  I would rather get a prospect they really like (Mingo) then trade back, lose him, and get a player they kind of like for a more balaced draft.  If they saw the potential in Mingo becoming more of a great player than the edges that were available then you take him.  We needed a wr.  I would rather have a dime than two nickels.  Also without seeing other teams draft boards we have no idea if a pick was an actual reach or not.  The media's opinion of prospects and nfl scouts opinion of prospects arent always the same.  All that said I didnt like trading up in the third for the edge we got.  If he wasnt 25 this year then it would be a little different.  I liked some of the later round edge projects like Nick Hampton from ASU but I believe the panthers wanted a bigger stronger rusher to set the edge better to pair with Burns.  So who knows, all i know is draft grades and saying picks were reaches before players even step on an nfl practice field seems pretty asinine. 

3 hours ago, rodeo said:

there were multiple mocks that had Mingo to the Saints in round 1. it was not a reach.

If Mingo is anywhere close to AJ Brown it'll be a steal. He actually runs good routes I noticed watching tape, people don't really give him much credit for that

4 hours ago, Bostonheelfish said:

Oh no, teh presha. What an amateurish observation. Poor DJ Johnson, gets more money and validation from a higher draft position, but the Panthers shouldn’t have drafted him there because when he’s battling the offense he’ll feel the pressure of his draft position 🙄 

Yes, I thought that was a pretty stupid observation as well. There is pressure to perform in the NFL at all times, no matter who you are and where you were drafted.

6 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

That comment was from Kaye’s article not me 

truthfully, I could give two shakes of a rat’s ass about pro athletes feeling pressure 

no one makes them do what they do and most make more in a year than I did in 5

I think he was a bad pick and a panic pick

i hope I’m proven to be very wrong 

Oh I know it came from the article. Sorry, didn’t mean to imply it was you.

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

Is the effort to assemble as much coaching talent as possible opening up the FO to take on riskier projects?  With the expectation that we can coach then up?

Yes, that is also why i am not worried.

They got players they could work with in complete faith that they can.