• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What’s next?

Santee_Panther

Next moves for the off-season?

1) Pickup 5th year option on Brown (deadline tomorrow). No brainer.

2) Decline option for CJ? 

3) Extend Burns.

4) Chinn- final year of his contract, make sense to extend?

5) Sign any veteran free agents? Most of Burns and Chinn extensions would hit the future cap. We have room in the cap for some FAs.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Santee_Panther said:

Next moves for the off-season?

1) Pickup 5th year option on Brown (deadline tomorrow). No brainer.

2) Decline option for CJ? 

3) Extend Burns.

4) Chinn- final year of his contract, make sense to extend?

5) Sign any veteran free agents? Most of Burns and Chinn extensions would hit the future cap. We have room in the cap for some FAs.

This Is How We Do Ugh GIF by Lillee Jean

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I expect focus to probably shift toward Burns' extension now. Would not be surprised if Brown is extended this off-season too after picking up his 5th year option. Still unsure of our long-term plans with Chinn but if we expect him to be a key player in the D now would be the time to get him under contract long-term.

9 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

I think I need to see some consistency from Chinn before I sign him to another contract. I think he will do well in this defense and being more in the box, but we shall see. 

That's why it's a good idea to sign him NOW if he's part of the long-term plan. We've devalued him playing him out of position for two years. If we're going to use him how he should be used get him signed now before reminding the league how good he is. Imagine Kam Chancellor being used as a primary deep cover safety. It would've been a LOT uglier than Chinn's past two seasons.

• Pie 1