• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stole one with Leota

Panthero

37 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Why am I not surprised that the dumbest of the Huddle bristled at a completely factual statement?

They either are new or forgot how Igo used to be when he was more active and going to camps. That shite used to be insane! The pure vitriol he conjured up and had these people spewing over an undrafted fullback was just, wow. There was a monumental melt down after dude was routinely cut because of his lack of skill and inability to prove himself useful, simply because Igo picked him as his guy that year. Come to think of it, after a few misses like that he doesn't do that anymore. 

• Beer 1

53 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

They either are new or forgot how Igo used to be when he was more active and going to camps. That shite used to be insane! The pure vitriol he conjured up and had these people spewing over an undrafted fullback was just, wow. There was a monumental melt down after dude was routinely cut because of his lack of skill and inability to prove himself useful, simply because Igo picked him as his guy that year. Come to think of it, after a few misses like that he doesn't do that anymore. 

It's like clockwork. Every spring it will be pining excessively over some insane longshot or player with local ties.

I get all the feel good stories and wanting to root for them. That stuff is great. But the wild hyperbole and insane hot takes are so ridiculous. There are multitudes od reasons why a lot of these guys never pan out. And then you point that out and you get thrown the handful of examples that made it. 

Because, you know, if one guy ever made it that's proof positive in the face of the overwhelming statistical data showing how few of these guys pan out.

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's like clockwork. Every spring it will be pining excessively over some insane longshot or player with local ties.

I get all the feel good stories and wanting to root for them. That stuff is great. But the wild hyperbole and insane hot takes are so ridiculous. There are multitudes od reasons why a lot of these guys never pan out. And then you point that out and you get thrown the handful of examples that made it. 

Because, you know, if one guy ever made it that's proof positive in the face of the overwhelming statistical data showing how few of these guys pan out.

No reason to belittle others just because they're doing dumb things like rooting for an underdog. But hey, you might as well stay in your lane. Am I right?

1 hour ago, NorthTryon said:

I remember that. Lee Ward, FB out of Stanford back in like 2014-15 I think? Use to be able to get some real info scoops and nuggets in the all pro section too. A lots changed 

• Pie 2

53 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Skeptic.  I think he will start this year and then pro bowl every year thereafter.  He will redefine the position.  He is a force of nature.  /s

• Flames 1

You love to see guys that go to college and transfer up from where they started. it speaks to an initial misdiagnosis of the talent. there's talk that he can be an edge setting OLB even if his pass rush doesn't translate. good motor will help him if he can play special teams while he waits for his chance. we've got a lot to figure out with our LB group. he picked a good spot and close to home. 

For the people talking about the improbability of UDFA players making an impact, the consists of about 25% of players that were not drafted on active rosters. If the draft went 10 or 11 rounds like back in the day, some of these guys would be 8th round picks. we've had so many dudes here contribute as UDFA players. Brock Purdy was one pick away last year and now he's fighting to start for a playoff team. 

16 hours ago, Coheed said:

I remember that. Lee Ward, FB out of Stanford back in like 2014-15 I think? Use to be able to get some real info scoops and nuggets in the all pro section too. A lots changed 

Thank you! I couldn't remember his name for the life of me. Yeah, the all pro section was created during the golden age, but something told me then it would fizzle like it has.  It was too much to keep up with and that was before access was kyboshed.  There were podcast style interviews with players, camp action pics, in game pics, analysis, and half nekkid photos of female Huddle members. It was a definitely a party around here.  When I went to camp Tepper's first year and they had all the independent photographers in this little area super far away from everything, I was like welp that's it for the independent access. I get it, before he could get in the locker room, basically had all kinds of access to the players and all of that pretty much evaporated. So, like playing pick up at the park, the rich kid(Igo) took his basketball(All Pro section) and went home.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

Thank you! I couldn't remember his name for the life of me. Yeah, the all pro section was created during the golden age, but something told me then it would fizzle like it has.  It was too much to keep up with and that was before access was kyboshed.  There were podcast style interviews with players, camp action pics, in game pics, analysis, and half nekkid photos of female Huddle members. It was a definitely a party around here.  When I went to camp Tepper's first year and they had all the independent photographers in this little area super far away from everything, I was like welp that's it for the independent access. I get it, before he could get in the locker room, basically had all kinds of access to the players and all of that pretty much evaporated. So, like playing pick up at the park, the rich kid(Igo) took his basketball(All Pro section) and went home.

Good god I completely forgot about the photoshoots. I loved all the extra team content, especially in the offseason, but I remember thinking even then that the photoshoots were kind of weird lol

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Coheed said:

but I remember thinking even then that the photoshoots were kind of weird lol

I have laughed for 10 minutes! Super Weird! The one I looked at, I remember thinking like wow, she really loves the Panthers' message board! 😆😂🤣