• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tragedy in Tampa

Mr. Scot

Have a good friend who's family had a toddler drown and I can tell you they will never be the same again.  The guilt and heartache never go away.   I hope he has faith that he can lean on when those tough times recur over the years.  I believe that is the only thing that has kept my friend and his family going all these years.   Prayers for Shaq and his family that this event does not tear them apart as a family and they can find a way to continue on.  

• Pie 3

9 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I have no clue how a family can recover from something like this. Terrible news and I feel terrible for the family.

Not quite the same situation as this, but I have a good friend who years ago wanted to start a family...

His wife's first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage.

Her second one resulted in a stillbirth.

As you can imagine, they were devastated.

When I got word that she was pregnant for a third time, I probably spent the better part of the next nine months praying for them.

Was overjoyed to hear when their baby was born okay...

They now have four, all grown up, on their own, three of them married.

I couldn't possibly imagine what they went through.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

Before clicking, I was hoping this thread was going to be something funny about a dumb draft pick or some boneheaded coaching staff quote instead of something actually tragic. Ugh. Hate to hear this. 

I wish 😕

Almost happened to me at home about 4 years ago. My 3 year old jumped in the pool behind me after a long day at the beach. I had jumped in because a canopy had blown into the pool and I was just trying to get it out. I didn’t notice she has fell/ jumped in until she bumped into my leg down at the bottom of the pool. I pulled her out and she was foaming and throwing up water, took her to the hospital where she was released after some observation. She was probably under water for around a minute. Happens in an instant and is terrifying beyond anything I have ever experienced. Still makes me sick to think about it. 

i have safety gates and everything, nobody goes out in the pool deck without supervision, but even with supervision, turning your attention for a few seconds is all it takes. 

Prayers for the family, they are going through hell now unlike anything anyone can imagine unless they have lost a child. 

4 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

The sad thing is that you can watch them like a hawk and this can still happen. Not a time for lectures man. 

This is not a lecture. Barrett will never ever see this. It's more like advice to others. I have personally had to watch out for kids whose parents weren't paying attention, and at least in one instance I have been directly responsible for avoiding a death of a toddler. If you're watching your kids appropriately, then the chance of something happening to them on your watch is greatly decreased. I have seen it in action.