• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More NFL News

Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Who was the dude on here that was balls to the walls in love with willis?

Holy hell willis must be awful in the film room and in practice

Don't remember. Feels like there were a couple who believed in taking him because of his tools and then teaching him how to be a pro quarterback.

I just can't sign on to that approach at all.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Don't remember. Feels like there were a couple who believed in taking him because of his tools and then teaching him how to be a pro quarterback.

I just can't sign on to that approach at all.

I think he was a legit third round gamble. But doesn’t seem like he impressed in his first year.

47 minutes ago, Martin said:

I think he was a legit third round gamble. But doesn’t seem like he impressed in his first year.

Third round? Sure. So was Corral.

But last year, there were fans and analysts alike speculating about him going #1.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Third round? Sure. So was Corral.

But last year, there were fans and analysts alike speculating about him going #1.

I think I was on board taking him in the 1st. Desperation for a quarterback will do that to people. I did at least want to trade back and take him. Just didn't want Pickett 

NFL legend Tom Brady is in deep discussions to become a limited partner of the Las Vegas Raiders, sources told ESPN -- potentially his second foray into a partnership with Raiders owner Mark Davis on a professional sports franchise in less than two months.

Discussions between the two sides have been going on for weeks and could soon be reaching a resolution, yet sources say it's still an extremely sensitive and fluid negotiation. Brady's investment is expected to be "passive," a source with direct knowledge of the situation says, and he would not have any operational control or authority over the club in business or football matters.

It's believed that Brady's 10-year, $375 million contract with Fox, which is due to start in 2024, would be unaffected by an investment in the Raiders. A source told ESPN that Fox has "blessed" the arrangement. Sources said that league policy about team ownership overlapping with media employment comes into play only if the owner holds a position of authority at the media company and could impact broadcast rights negotiations. Fox and the NFL agreed to an 11-year rights deal in 2021.

This is not the first time the seven-time Super Bowl champion has shown interest in owning a minority stake in an NFL franchise. In 2021 and 2022, Brady reportedly had discussions with the Miami Dolphins about becoming a limited partner. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37610959/sources-tom-brady-talks-become-limited-partner-raiders

9 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

NFL legend Tom Brady is in deep discussions to become a limited partner of the Las Vegas Raiders, sources told ESPN -- potentially his second foray into a partnership with Raiders owner Mark Davis on a professional sports franchise in less than two months.

Discussions between the two sides have been going on for weeks and could soon be reaching a resolution, yet sources say it's still an extremely sensitive and fluid negotiation. Brady's investment is expected to be "passive," a source with direct knowledge of the situation says, and he would not have any operational control or authority over the club in business or football matters.

It's believed that Brady's 10-year, $375 million contract with Fox, which is due to start in 2024, would be unaffected by an investment in the Raiders. A source told ESPN that Fox has "blessed" the arrangement. Sources said that league policy about team ownership overlapping with media employment comes into play only if the owner holds a position of authority at the media company and could impact broadcast rights negotiations. Fox and the NFL agreed to an 11-year rights deal in 2021.

This is not the first time the seven-time Super Bowl champion has shown interest in owning a minority stake in an NFL franchise. In 2021 and 2022, Brady reportedly had discussions with the Miami Dolphins about becoming a limited partner. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37610959/sources-tom-brady-talks-become-limited-partner-raiders

Brady can afford this now because of his divorce settlement $$ he is getting from Giselle??? ha!

• Beer 1

42 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

This is surprising to me, odds are he doesn't have the cash on hand to buy too significant of a stake in the team, which if that's the case, I'm surprised that Kraft doesn't offer up to Brady the same percentage stake in the Patriots.

With what NFL franchises are selling for, even $200 Million would probably only be between 5% of the franchise, if even that much, gotta think the Raiders are worth more than the Redskins that just sold for $6 Billion or the Broncos that went for $4 Billion.

I'd think 5% of the Patriots would be worth it to Kraft to keep Brady in the family and not have him now tied at the hip to another franchise, particularly in the AFC.  Especially since he wouldn't be just giving it to him for free, he'd make a couple hundred million on it (and that's if he's even investing that much, could be even less).

• Pie 1