• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More NFL News

Mr. Scot

30 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That in no way shape or form means that ATL cannot win the division

I don’t think she is saying that it does. But no prime time games implies that the NFL schedule makers don’t think the Falcons will be good or enough of a draw to put them in prime time. Which conflicts with the opinions of some who think the Falcons are somehow loaded with talent and will compete for the division. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I don’t think she is saying that it does. But no prime time games implies that the NFL schedule makers don’t think the Falcons will be good or enough of a draw to put them in prime time. Which conflicts with the opinions of some who think the Falcons are somehow loaded with talent and will compete for the division. 

Not sure I agree. If the Falcons are good this year it’s because they will do really well running the ball. That means they will be a boring game. We have Bryce Young who most people outside of Charlotte thinks is a midget and he was the #1 pick. I think way more people are interested in watching him succeed or fail whether or not they think we are better than the Falcons.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

Not sure I agree. If the Falcons are good this year it’s because they will do really well running the ball. That means they will be a boring game. We have Bryce Young who most people outside of Charlotte thinks is a midget and he was the #1 pick. I think way more people are interested in watching him succeed or fail whether or not they think we are better than the Falcons.

Eh, that’s an opinion. I dunno that the schedule makers micro analyze it to that level. They seem to usually base it on who will be good teams. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze
And/or good stories like #1 overall QB, or superstars on new teams like the Jets

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That in no way shape or form means that ATL cannot win the division

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

^Bingo

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Vegas has the Falcons as the team they think bettors think will be the better team. There’s a difference. 

I mean sure, but it still gets to the same point.  And Vegas is more about money in the short term whereas the nfl is more about ratings short term.  Money long term. 

But the overall point is the south is still going to suck and its pretty much anyones division.  You could legit make a case for all 4 teams.

NO - Carr plays with a chip on his shoulder and the pretty good NO roster doesnt show its age just yet

ATL = Ridder is competent and their run game is on steroids and their defense and new signings gel.  A lot like the Titan teams Smith came from

CAR - Young balls out from the jump and our defense makes a leap with the new staff

TB - Still a pretty good roster and maybe baker reverts back to 2019 form

There is no clear head and shoulders team in the south.  I see a bunch of 7,8,9 win teams all bundled up

4 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

^Bingo

Being a draw for ratings and being a team that could win the division are completely different things

If you dont look at the falcons roster and see some talented pieces then I am not sure what to tell you.

They have a well above average oline, a great running game and three highly drafted offensive pieces.  If their defense and new additions gel they will be a problem

Edited by mrcompletely11

This is generally a QB driven league. As your QB goes so generally goes your team. The smart money in the NFC South would be on the Saints or us. 30 years ago the Falcons might have been able to ride a great rookie RB and a much improved D to a division title. In today's NFL? Honestly I just don't see it.

So who are you picking? Derek Carr or a rookie Bryce Young?

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean sure, but it still gets to the same point.  And Vegas is more about money in the short term whereas the nfl is more about ratings short term.  Money long term. 

But the overall point is the south is still going to suck and its pretty much anyones division.  You could legit make a case for all 4 teams.

NO - Carr plays with a chip on his shoulder and the pretty good NO roster doesnt show its age just yet

ATL = Ridder is competent and their run game is on steroids and their defense and new signings gel.  A lot like the Titan teams Smith came from

CAR - Young balls out from the jump and our defense makes a leap with the new staff

TB - Still a pretty good roster and maybe baker reverts back to 2019 form

There is no clear head and shoulders team in the south.  I see a bunch of 7,8,9 win teams all bundled up

Sure, I don’t disagree with that overall, though I do think tb and atl are clearly inferior teams to us and no. I see us and no as 7-10 win teams, atl and tb as 5-8. There’s overlap and anything is possible, this division definitely has no clear powerhouse, but the outlook for the red teams is grim while the saints are pointed down but still have a decent qb and talent on the rest of the roster. Just getting old. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is generally a QB driven league. As your QB goes so generally goes your team. The smart money in the NFC South would be on the Saints or us. 30 years ago the Falcons might have been able to ride a great rookie RB and a much improved D to a division title. In today's NFL? Honestly I just don't see it.

So who are you picking? Derek Carr or a rookie Bryce Young?

The titans were literally just the #1 seed by having a competent qb and brutal run game.  Thats the model it appears that smith wants to build.  So it still can be down in the modern nfl

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The titans were literally just the #1 seed by having a competent qb and brutal run game.  Thats the model it appears that smith wants to build.  So it still can be down in the modern nfl

Worked for them in the regular season true enough. Pretty sure they lost their home playoff game the same year though.