• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More NFL News

Mr. Scot

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

And then there's this...

Imagine how differently that could have gone.

The Eagles owe Wilson a major "thank you" for nixing that transaction. He likely saved them from themselves.

Well, it would still fall under 'sometimes the best deal is the one you don't make'. 

• Pie 1

Under the NFL’s three-factor formula for determining the universe of teams that can be forced to do Hard Knocks, this year there are four. And three of them have said they don’t want to do it.

The Bears (via chairman George McCaskey), the Saints (via coach Dennis Allen), and the Jets (via coach Robert Saleh) have made clear their lack of interest in the assignment. That leaves the Commanders as the only team that has not publicly said no. [At least not yet]

The NFL could tell the Bears, Saints, or Jets “tough crap.” That extra layer of intrigue could actually make the show better. Reality shows typically feature people who want to do it. The inherent tension from having a team forced against its will to do it could be spicy.

The easiest course would be to give the gig to the Commanders. But how could the league (which ultimately runs the show) properly fashion the story of the team without fully delving into the Daniel Snyder angle? If NFL Films tells the truth about the sale of the team, it makes the league bad. If NFL Films brushes any of it under the rug, folks like us will call the league out.

• Beer 1

17 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Speaking of the Commanders...

Here's a guy who knows a thing or two about QBs and NFL offense drooling over Sam Howell for 5 minutes.

I mean we are in a pretty good spot right now, albeit it was pricey to get to this point, but I will never understand the logic of drafting a project linebacker over Howell in the 4rth especially considering how bad we had it at that position for years and more importantly when the GM specifically said you keep drafting one until it hits. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean we are in a pretty good spot right now, albeit it was pricey to get to this point, but I will never understand the logic of drafting a project linebacker over Howell in the 4rth especially considering how bad we had it at that position for years and more importantly when the GM specifically said you keep drafting one until it hits. 

Because Matt Rhule that he was a genius among a league of morons. He thought he could make Baker a superstar just like he thought he could with T2G and Darnold. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean, I kinda understand not having two rookie QBs to split up developmental time. Especially considering that our staff clearly didn't have much if any interest of actually developing a rookie QB. I'll just never understand Corral > Howell. Full disclosure, Corral was my #2 QB in last year's class but the gap I had between Howell and him was pretty damn wide. I liked Willis' potential but trying to project him out of Liberty was just a leap I wasn't comfortable making. Pickett? Fuging please. If he hadn't been gifted an extra year to play as a literal man amongst I'll prepared boys due to COVID restrictions the guy probably doesn't even get drafted.

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Thank god we didn't do that.

Bryce Young is way more talented than Sam Howell. 

44 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, I kinda understand not having two rookie QBs to split up developmental time. Especially considering that our staff clearly didn't have much if any interest of actually developing a rookie QB. I'll just never understand Corral > Howell. 

Ben McAdoo made that call.