• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Bryce is as good as most think..

WOW!!

I'd rather get my hopes up for the first time in 5 years and be excited about the potential this year. With this group of coaches and this QB we just traded up to draft at #1 and be disappointed eventually than to spend the rest of the off-season going into the regular season worried about it all going to poo.

I mean if y'all are cool with that, fine. I've had enough of it. I'm excited and (sorry, but) f*ck anyone who tries to disrupt my giddy.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 2

41 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Why worry about it?

Until he proves he can't get it done it that he's a fragile twig, I'm going to believe that he's not. Seriously why stress or worry about it? Not a damn thing any of us can do.

Not stressed or worried. I just want to know what people who think so highly of him feel his floor could be. 

Debating/discussing this is as sensical as debating what success he'll bring us.

36 minutes ago, Fright said:

Not stressed or worried. I just want to know what people who think so highly of him feel his floor could be. 

Debating/discussing this is as sensical as debating what success he'll bring us.

I don't know is floor could be the same as any other quarterback. He could suck. He could get hurt in the first two games. He could be a total waste of a pic. I mean what else are you wanting to find out or hear?

If it doesn't work, then we'll deal with it then. I just don't know why you want to sit around and try to think worst case scenario with the guy.

I don't know if you're looking for a worst case comp like everybody looks to a best case comp but I think the floor for any player is just failure.

For me, I just don't see the point in sitting around and trying to dwell on what the worst case scenario would be. I think we all know that so why do it?

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, jasonluckydog said:

Young kind of reminds me of Tua's body size one hard hit and its the Andy Dalton show. Young is 3 inches shorter. I miss Cam he was built like a tank.

Bryces size is an outlier and it’s understandable to be concerned about it but let’s not act like he hasn’t already taken plenty of hard hits in the SEC.  Cam was built like a tank yeah but it’s injuries that ultimately did him in, whereas you have smaller guys like Brees and Russ that had successful careers for 10+ years. You have guys like Kevin White that are absolute freaks of nature and look the part in every way but just can’t hold up in the NFL, then guys like Devonta Smith, Diggs, and Smitty that are undersized but end up elite number one receivers without any durability issues

durability has so, so much more to do than just size - especially for a QB - pocket awareness and navigation, ability to get the ball out and make reads quickly, even *how* you fall and position your body before and after contact. Some guys are just outright better at minimizing risk when they take contact. I’m not saying size doesn’t matter, it does, I don’t think it matters any more or less than the rest of those other factors I just mentioned. 

the reality is we just don’t know. Until it’s an issue, I’m not going to worry too much about it . I’m stoked to have Bryce on the team. 

Edited by Coheed
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

The way many here think Young could get hurt or anything else is inevitable when you play football in the NFL. If there is so much worry about his well being lets just give him the treatment Brady did in NE. Any player that much as looks in his direction will get a flag thrown. Other than that the NFL has changed their rule how to tackle a QB which everyone knows is no full body tackles with full weight on a QB. The defensive players just might as well put a pillow between them and Young when they tackle him to play it safe and without injury. 

• Pie 2

On 5/3/2023 at 11:04 AM, DennisM1 said:

Zac also lost to Costal Carolina...

If Bryce Young played at BYU, he probably would've lost to Coastal as well. What's your point? Coastal beat Kansas down and Kansas went on to beat Texas. What's your point? App State beat Texas A&M and Texas A&M was 2 yards from beating Alabama, What's your point?

There is no point. The same comparisons for Young were made for Wilson, is all I'm saying. Mental fortitude is what separates them, not ability.

On 5/3/2023 at 11:11 AM, poundaway said:

LOL

Yeah, its hard to take you seriously, when you are comparing the consensus #1 overall pick and Heisman winner to the xfl standout PJ walker. 

Bryce may not meet expectations, but he is clearly not PJ Walker.

PJ Walker played well enough last year, all things considered. Whether you like it or not, Bama Fair Weather fan, their skill set and abilities are very similar.

• Poo 2

29 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

PJ Walker played well enough last year, all things considered. Whether you like it or not, Bama Fair Weather fan, their skill set and abilities are very similar.

cricket GIF
I’m an Auburn fan and that comparison is awful. They are like polar opposites. Young was one of the most accurate QBs in the NCAA last year while PJ struggles with accuracy. Young is a cerebral PG-like distributor of the ball while PJ is a gunslinger. Young thrives under pressure while PJ does not.

• Flames 2