• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predicting Bryce Young's rookie year

NAS

1 hour ago, Donald LaFell said:

Based on his college success I feel like he’s going to have a good bit of INTs early. I feel like he’s going to get baited a lot while he learns the speed of the game. 

He better not, that was the main selling point on him, that his processing and mental side of the game were next level and more ready than any other QB in recent memory from that standpoint.

His negatives were his size and durability (nothing to do there but not get hurt) and that he doesn't have any truly elite physical traits (i.e. arm strength, speed, etc).  Those are things that can just tank him as a QB if he can't prove them wrong, but the whole thing with him is that his mental side of the game was supposed to be so good, that those things shouldn't be issues for him.

Sure, some early mistakes, but that better not be where he struggles or it will be concerning as that's what he's supposed to be so good at figuring out and overcoming.  I'll take it the first half of the season, but if that's an issue late in the year, that's scary.

With 17 games, 24 TDs, 9 INTs, 59%, 3800 yards should be a realistic “success” line.

It would be very nice to see a QB hitting 20+ passing TD seasons again.

I could see a 21 TD 11 INT type year. Accuracy could be higher in this system around 62%+ and get near 4000 yards.

• Pie 1