• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Make Laviska Our Cordarelle Patterson?

tukafan21

4 hours ago, CRA said:

TMJ ain’t got 4.3 speed.  LSU might say so.   When LSU wasn’t on the timer he logged 4.5 at the college combine. Which matches more his game day appearance.

he is a possession WR

The Charlotte Observer reported 4.4 speed. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article251081794.html

On 5/2/2023 at 6:00 AM, tukafan21 said:

Ideally our top 4 WRs this year will be Chark, TMJ, Thielen, and Mingo this season and while Laviska would be a pretty good 5th WR, Byrd would be just fine as our 5th as well.

We don't really have a big bruising RB on the roster right now, and while we could still sign someone, I'd be interested in seeing what Laviska could provide as a RB.  He already runs like an RB once he gets the ball in his hand and with his size and pass catching ability, I think he'd make for an interesting backfield mate to compliment Sanders.

He's similarly built to Patterson, same weight and just an inch shorter, and runs with a similar aggression.

I think it would work.

He's noooooowhere near as talented. Patterson is a freak. 

13 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Judge for yourself

Dude has played in the NFL for 2 seasons.  He doesn't have 4.3 NFL speed.  He is a possession type. 

You don't judge a guys speed based on what his college team says at a pro day.   and 40 times are overrated often to begin with.  It measures how efficient and well someone can pull off a 40.   Which isn't really a great measure of football speed.

No one has knocked TMJ.  He isn't a NFL vertical.  That's all that was said.  Yeah, everyone can run a vertical route.   DJ Moore could too.  He wasn't a vertical threat WR either.  

Mushin went bonkers one year and still holds the longest TD pass probably in Super Bowl history.  He was still a possession WR. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Dude has played in the NFL for 2 seasons.  He doesn't have 4.3 NFL speed.  He is a possession type. 

You don't judge a guys speed based on what his college team says at a pro day.   and 40 times are overrated often to begin with.  It measures how efficient and well someone can pull off a 40.   Which isn't really a great measure of NFL speed. 

I agree 40s are just indicators that make you confirm or re-watch tape. All I did is give you the full video of his run. Put the stopwatch on him if you don't believe LSU.

Don't ignore Mingo as a deep threat either, who was clocked over 22 mph in pads.