• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Devils Round 2 Game 1 Wednesday 7pm

One important stat that is often buried away. Look at our TOI. Compared to the devils or especially the other two teams last night. Only KK was even getting close to 18 minutes and pool was our lowest at 12:45. Shared ice time and shows our 4th line was out there against their other lines some of the time. Keep those legs fresh. 

• Beer 2

Anyway, I'm sure USDepartmentOfSavagery will be sooooo upset to hear this but I'm not going to be in the country for the next two weeks (starting tonight) so I won't be able to follow the series and trade barbs with you guys.  

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Even if this series went 7 games, I'd still get back after it was over so I'll just be keeping track of it via the final scores. 

Since I won't be able to even watch the games, I only hope the Refs don't continue to fk the teams over (though considering last night, that's wishful thinking). 

Anyway, I would wish you guys luck but you're facing my team so...  LGD!

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, glenwo2 said:

Anyway, I'm sure USDepartmentOfSavagery will be sooooo upset to hear this but I'm not going to be in the country for the next two weeks (starting tonight) so I won't be able to follow the series and trade barbs with you guys.  

Even if this series went 7 games, I'd still get back after it was over so I'll just be keeping track of it via the final scores. 

Since I won't be able to even watch the games, I only hope the Refs don't continue to fk the teams over (though considering last night, that's wishful thinking). 

Anyway, I would wish you guys luck but you're facing my team so...  LGD!

How can you say the refs fuged your over? Besides the first two matching tripping penalties it seemed like a pretty well called no call game. 

• Pie 1

59 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Anyway, I would wis

h you guys luck but you're facing my team so...  LGD!

Maybe we should bring up your player who should have been ejected for trying to take out our goalie , and it wasn't even called, I see what your team does of they can't win legit

You Devils fans never change, you are some of the most blind delusional idiots in the league , I thought Islanders fans were bad

We can't control what happens on the ice , but if we do prevail , its going to be extra sweet 

Edited by Day1PanthersFan
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

I was at the game, and honestly I felt the refs just let it play on both sides. However, if a player loses his helmet and continues to play that is a penalty, they never called it. I couldn’t see who it was that was trying to lay on top of Burns and make love to him, but that should have been a penalty. Other than that, I felt it was even. Though the first tripping penalty against us was funny, Burns did clip his skate, then the devils player made two moves on his own, then fell down (it really wasn’t a penalty).

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, philit99 said:

I was at the game, and honestly I felt the refs just let it play on both sides. However, if a player loses his helmet and continues to play that is a penalty, they never called it. I couldn’t see who it was that was trying to lay on top of Burns and make love to him, but that should have been a penalty. Other than that, I felt it was even. Though the first tripping penalty against us was funny, Burns did clip his skate, then the devils player made two moves on his own, then fell down (it really wasn’t a penalty).

Regarding the helmet. If he's actively engaged in the play when he loses the helmet he's allowed to continue through that engagement. Now he did kind of stand there for a few seconds after he was no longer engaged before skating towards the bench but it wasn't really that egregious.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Harbingers said:

One important stat that is often buried away. Look at our TOI. Compared to the devils or especially the other two teams last night. Only KK was even getting close to 18 minutes and pool was our lowest at 12:45. Shared ice time and shows our 4th line was out there against their other lines some of the time. Keep those legs fresh. 

Excellent observation, much lower TOi than typical canes games! Surely the right way to go against the devils.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, backINblack28 said:

I'm gonna say it. Freddie these two playoff games has been the dude we brought here to be.  And if he can continue that with help/spells from Raanta continuing to play how he has---this team even through the injuries has an entirely different outlook.

I think maybe getting demoted(rightfully so) might have motivated him. I hope it has.

• Pie 2