• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers signing Yannick Ngakoue?

How good is Yannick Ngakoue?

Ngakoue is a limited run defender. At 6'2″, 246 pounds, he's never been a great edge-setter. He does know how to get after the quarterback, though.

He's never had fewer than eight sacks in a season, and he's posted 19.5 sacks over the last two years.
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

18 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:
How good is Yannick Ngakoue?

Ngakoue is a limited run defender. At 6'2″, 246 pounds, he's never been a great edge-setter. He does know how to get after the quarterback, though.

He's never had fewer than eight sacks in a season, and he's posted 19.5 sacks over the last two years.

I'll take it 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, The Lobo said:

I feel like Clowney would be better just because he’s better against the run. 

he's not better enough against the run to be worth it considering he's considerably worse than Yannick at pass rushing. 2 sacks in 12 games last year, might as well just go with YGM at that point.

he's also constantly hurt.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 5

7 minutes ago, rodeo said:

he's not better enough against the run to be worth it considering he's considerably worse than Yannick at pass rushing. 2 sacks in 12 games last year, might as well just go with YGM at that point.

Can you believe this guy was supposed to be the next Peppers

10 hours ago, LordOfDaWingz said:

Yea, he was high AF but I’m sure coaches know these guys smoke in the off-season. 

As someone that hates talking on the phone, having to talk to 5 different people in one call would drain tf out of me no matter how short the call is lol 

Yeah, I got one of those on Monday. Turns out there were quite a few people laid off with no warning.

So draining, yes. Anytime a random meeting pops up with five people you know it isn't good.

Of the remaining FA EDGE/DE/OLB players, Leonard Floyd is the perfect fit for what we needed. However, it depends on his asking price and if he’s desires to be part of a team that’s resetting with a rookie QB, new staff and schemes vs a true contender.

Yannick is not the edge setter DC EJ needs in our 3-4 scheme and neither is the overrated, injury-prone and potentially overpriced Clowney. 

Edited by Prowler2k18

7 hours ago, rodeo said:

Same here. And I’m willing to give YGM a chance with this new regime. DL coach Walsh may be able to help him reach his potential if given a chance. 

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I hear nothing wrong there

First, there is no problem at all if he was drunk or high there.  You could hear there were a ton of people in the background, clearly having a draft party.  Do you really think there isn't drinking and/or smoking going on at every one of these draft parties?  They're not getting drafted like a pickup basketball game and needing to jump right into the game, it would be perfectly acceptable if they were enjoying the party like any other 24 year old.  It's not like the guy showed up drunk to the green room at the draft, that would be concerning.

Second, there are always delayed responses on those calls and the coaches all know it.  Whether it's their emotions making them take a beat before getting a response out or just family not being able to control themselves and hugging, high five-ing, talking to you, etc.

Exactly! And his defense, no one was expecting him to get called until the next day, LOL