• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers signing Yannick Ngakoue?

23 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Panther fans were notorious for saying Peppers was lazy before he was traded

Peppers doesn’t count because he’s one of the most freakish athletes in team sports history. He could look like he’s being lazy and then make a play that makes everybody say Whoa. 

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I’m sure he appreciates you taking up for him.

Look at comments in the Burns threads over the last 5 months (particularly the one in December). Negatives outweigh the positives by a mile. As for Pep, do the same in 2009. The sentiments only got more negative as time passed. Stances softened when Pep came back, but that doesn’t erase years of “only tries when he wants”.

Burns is a good player but I still think we shoulda traded him to the Rams for 2 firsts. One of those could be a top 3 pick moving forward and we coulda used the money saved to sign his replacement in FA. But he’s here and I’m cool with that too.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 2

5 minutes ago, joemac said:

Burns is a good player but I still think we shoulda traded him to the Rams for 2 firsts. One of those could be a top 3 pick moving forward and we coulda used the money saved to sign his replacement in FA. But he’s here and I’m cool with that too.

200.gif

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

58 minutes ago, joemac said:

The only problem is "getting a replacement" is easier said than done. Burns is younger and probably better than any of the free agents, and who is to say that they could stay as healthy as Burns has been over his years here so far? 

I think we did the right thing in giving away DJ but not Brown or Burns because its a lot easier to replace DJs production vs a blue chip young D lineman.

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

what's your suggestion, Ger?

Well thanks for asking Carl. I guess I would use the Ol Stinkometer. If it smells like BS and looks like BS, it's probably BS.

Or...we could get us a couple of summer Interns. Have them DM every Huddle member asking them which players they prefer. 

Either way, I'm pretty sure your statement will be proven false. But hey. at least it's not another Bryce thread right?

Just now, Gerry Green said:

Well thanks for asking Carl. I guess I would use the Ol Stinkometer. If it smells like BS and looks like BS, it's probably BS.

Or...we could get us a couple of summer Interns. Have them DM every Huddle member asking them which players they prefer. 

Either way, I'm pretty sure your statement will be proven false. But hey. at least it's not another Bryce thread right?

Of all the people who could judge post accuracy, you're definitely one of the least qualified. So I guess there's that. 

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

Of all the people who could judge post accuracy, you're definitely one of the least qualified. So I guess there's that. 

Wow, that turned ugly real fast there Carl. I thought we were having such a pleasant conversation. 

So what you are saying is; You made a statement that cannot possibly be quantified. And you expect us to take it as a truth, only on your word? lol That's a bold strategy there Cotton.

4 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Here's the problem: I can share with you numerous posts across multiple accounts singing their praises, but you're just going to say, "Well, they're good players, of course they'd say that," so there's absolutely no use in my linking all these posts dating back to 2013. One thing I would not do if I were you, though, is deny their existence.

Where have I denied their existence and how does their existence mean that there is more support for them that Burns, who has not been on the team since 2013? You keep moving the goalposts when you should perhaps just take the L on this one and refine your overall position.

The problem with Clowney is that he's been a victim of over hype.  He's a B to B+ pass rusher who is good against the run and setting the edge. Fans expected more then that from him because of draft position and hype but that was always going to be who he was in the NFL. 

7 hours ago, BeenPounding said:

200.gif

This!

After all the talk of supporting Bryce Young if and when he was the pick which clearly 99% of the fanbase is now doing the Burns doubters truly need to poo or get off the pot about the trade that never was. It's done live with the rest of us in the now.

On 5/2/2023 at 4:53 PM, t96 said:

Surprised he's still a free agent, has 8+ sacks every single year of his career. Would be a great signing at this point in the offseason.

Clearly there is something "off" about Yannick that we can't see as fans.  There is something behind the scenes that runs thin with teams in a hurry and they move on.  I have no idea what it is, but its something.

The Jaguars tagged him but traded him for a 2nd and a 5th to the Vikings.  Yannick had to take a paycut to facilitate the trade.  After only 6 games the Vikings had enough and traded him to the Ravens for a 3rd rounder.  At the end of the season the Ravens did not resign him and he moved on to the Raiders on a 2 year contract.  After only 1 year the Raiders had enough and traded him to the Colts.  The Colts have chosen not to resign him so he is a free agent.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, frankw said:

This!

After all the talk of supporting Bryce Young if and when he was the pick which clearly 99% of the fanbase is now doing the Burns doubters truly need to poo or get off the pot about the trade that never was. It's done live with the rest of us in the now.

Doubters of what exactly? It's a fork-in-the-road type of decision that will have a big impact, good or bad, for many years. Perfectly reasonable to discuss, just like the trade to #1. 

These 'hater' and 'doubter' junk is lame. Making the hard decisions is a part of football and being unwilling to handle discussing them as such is weak.

7 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

Clearly there is something "off" about Yannick that we can't see as fans.  There is something behind the scenes that runs thin with teams in a hurry and they move on.  I have no idea what it is, but its something.

The Jaguars tagged him but traded him for a 2nd and a 5th to the Vikings.  Yannick had to take a paycut to facilitate the trade.  After only 6 games the Vikings had enough and traded him to the Ravens for a 3rd rounder.  At the end of the season the Ravens did not resign him and he moved on to the Raiders on a 2 year contract.  After only 1 year the Raiders had enough and traded him to the Colts.  The Colts have chosen not to resign him so he is a free agent.

All valid points. The good news is he would be a rotational piece here not a feature player. That’s probably where he should be. A situational pass rusher.