• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have one of NFL's most 'obsessive' fanbases

TheCasillas

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Referencing a college team is just getting into a different animal entirely.  You could then argue to move them to Columbia, SC because even if the Gamecocks lost every game the fans in Columbia would still show up and be fired up at kickoff like they are competing for a Natty…..

college football in the south is just nuts.  No NFL expansion team fanbase can compete with that.  

That proves my point. We are nuts for college teams, now imagine if you put the pro teams in Raleigh. I promise you we will have one of the best home stadiums in the NFL.

Not only Raleigh but you have cities like Chapel Hill, Durham, Fayetteville as surrounding cities that will also bring their fans. Those are like a hour drive away. We like that!

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That proves my point. We are nuts for college teams, now imagine if you put the pro teams in Raleigh. I promise you we will have one of the best home stadiums in the NFL.

Not only Raleigh but you have cities like Chapel Hill, Durham, Fayetteville as surrounding cities that will also bring their fans. Those are like a hour drive away. We like that!

But it doesn’t work that way.  Hence my Gamecock reference.  No team in the Carolina’s has a fanbase more passionate and great during the the down times than they have proven to be.  Move the Panthers there and it isn’t going to automatically translate over to a NFL team.  Generations upon generations made it what it was.   Gen X still grew up fans of other NFL teams.  There just hasn’t been the time needed to develop enough passionate fans.  It’s time not location needed IMO. 

Didn't Raleigh have a team in 1 of those startup leagues one time? I think they were called the Skylarks or some other car name. Maybe the Preludes. It was a while back. Maybe they can bring that back next spring. I'm sure the xfl or usfl would be over the moon having an enthusiastic crowd like that every gameday.

35 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Nobody is traveling 2 1/2 hours on a Sunday to see a football game. When most people have to work the next morning.lol

I’ve driven 4 hours each way on a Sunday (including time to tailgate), and I know others who have done it too.

sure, it’s not something done often, but it’s totally doable.

26 minutes ago, CRA said:

But it doesn’t work that way.  Hence my Gamecock reference.  No team in the Carolina’s has a fanbase more passionate and great during the the down times than they have proven to be.  Move the Panthers there and it isn’t going to automatically translate over to a NFL team.  Generations upon generations made it what it was.   Gen X still grew up fans of other NFL teams.  There just hasn’t been the time needed to develop enough passionate fans.  It’s time not location needed IMO. 

Location definitely plays a huge part imo. Raleigh is located right in the heart of NC. Charlotte on the other hand is damn near in South Carolina. It makes more sense from a travel standpoint just to move all the pro teams to the heart of NC imo.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Location definitely plays a huge part imo. Raleigh is located right in the heart of NC. Charlotte on the other hand is damn near in South Carolina. It makes more sense from a travel standpoint just to move all the pro teams to the heart of NC imo.

Charlotte is in the center of both Carolinas as its a regional team and not a city team.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Nobody is traveling 2 1/2 hours on a Sunday to see a football game. When most people have to work the next morning.lol

That is a Charlotte crowd my man at least the majority is.

Come to a Canes game. Tell me how different the roar is from the crowd compared to a Panthers game. We like that!

people drive that far to go to dodger games out here, and LA is notorious for having "bad fans". there's only 8 home Panther games compared to 80 baseball games too. I'm sure people in charlotte drive to canes games and people from Raleigh drive to panther games.

PNC arena holds 20,000. BOA holds 75,000. It's amazing what an enclosed, intimate arena can sound like vs an open / spread out stadium. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, GOAT said:

people drive that far to go to dodger games out here, and LA is notorious for having "bad fans". there's only 8 home Panther games compared to 80 baseball games too. I'm sure people in charlotte drive to canes games and people from Raleigh drive to panther games.

PNC arena holds 20,000. BOA holds 75,000. It's amazing what an enclosed, intimate arena can sound like vs an open / spread out stadium. 

How are they coming when the crowd is 60/40 at best?

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We have one of the weaker fanbases for sure. We had the #1 pick in the draft and I only saw 9 Panther fans in the crowd.

BOA is 60/40 on a good day. Charlotte is flooded with fans of other teams.

I keep saying this, but the crowd support would be much higher if the team was moved to Raleigh. Just something about Charlotte the crowd is just not loud enough. The Hornets games are the same way smh.

No one is moving to Raleigh dude. Radio has been ragging on the canes playoff atmosphere for weeks

• Poo 2