• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have one of NFL's most 'obsessive' fanbases

TheCasillas

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

How are they coming when the crowd is 60/40 at best?

Have you ever been to a game when the panthers are good?  We've sucked for 4 and a half seasons. When the team is good people show up. Same as 99% of other fan bases. How many people were going to canes game when they sucked?

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

How are they coming when the crowd is 60/40 at best?

the attendance still sucks but I think it's mostly because they're a "new" team, charlotte is full of transplants that root for other teams, and obviously the product is too inconsistent. when the panthers are playing well it definitely get rockin.

• Pie 1

Just now, toldozer said:

Have you ever been to a game when the panthers are good?  We've sucked for 4 and a half seasons. When the team is good people show up. Same as 99% of other fan bases. How many people were going to canes game when they sucked?

Yes!

I was at 3 games during our best season in franchise history. And the crowds were still pretty underwhelming. Maybe it was 70/30 back then.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

the attendance still sucks but I think it's mostly because they're a "new" team, charlotte is full of transplants that root for other teams, and obviously the product is too inconsistent. when the panthers are playing well it definitely get rockin.

GOAT this is what I have been trying to tell you this entire time.

Im not knocking Charlotte as a city. Im just saying the location isn't exactly great to build a true HFA. Certain cities in NC have much more rowdy fans. Charlotte fans seem more laid back than usual. Even the bars are much more quiet.

56 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

GOAT this is what I have been trying to tell you this entire time.

Im not knocking Charlotte as a city. Im just saying the location isn't exactly great to build a true HFA. Certain cities in NC have much more rowdy fans. Charlotte fans seem more laid back than usual. Even the bars are much more quiet.

Charlotte is where the money is, the team will never move to Raleigh. You might as well get used to it.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yes!

I was at 3 games during our best season in franchise history. And the crowds were still pretty underwhelming. Maybe it was 70/30 back then.

Cool story.  I was at 13 of them and disagree

Edited by toldozer
  • Pie 2

19 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Charlotte is where the money is, the team will never move to Raleigh. You might as well get used to it.

Now this is hilarious!

Charlotte is a smaller version of Atlanta. It's growing but to say it's where the money is crazy. NC as an entire state is not very rich. If you want land and a farm NC is the place to be. Otherwise not many rich people in NC in general.

The money is in bigger markets like LA/NY those places are where you find millionaires/billionaires. 

Edited by CamWhoaaCam

14 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Cool story.  I was at 13 of them and disagree

What you think is loud may not be as loud to another person...

To act like we have some huge HFA at BOA is crazy. Even our good years the stadium was never overwhemingly Panthers fans.

The Seahawks is what you call a true HFA. That crowd never changes. It's always 90% Seahawks fans. Panthers have never had that type of crowd.

16 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

What you think is loud may not be as loud to another person...

To act like we have some huge HFA at BOA is crazy. Even our good years the stadium was never overwhemingly Panthers fans.

The Seahawks is what you call a true HFA. That crowd never changes. It's always 90% Seahawks fans. Panthers have never had that type of crowd.

Never said we're the loudest fanbase but when we're good fans show up. It isn't 70/30 when this team has a winning record.  The exceptions would be the steelers and cowboys. That's probably 70/30. And that's because those fan bases don't have a brain cell between them and will pay 5x face value for tickets

Edited by toldozer

7 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We have one of the weaker fanbases for sure. We had the #1 pick in the draft and I only saw 9 Panther fans in the crowd.

BOA is 60/40 on a good day. Charlotte is flooded with fans of other teams.

I keep saying this, but the crowd support would be much higher if the team was moved to Raleigh. Just something about Charlotte the crowd is just not loud enough. The Hornets games are the same way smh.

Not very good fans there if they don't travel a few hours to Charlotte. Most people who are serious fans travel for their team.

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Where is all these obsessive fans when other teams fans hijack our stadium every "Home" game 

Even Cam mentioned it in 2015 no less 

Online talking about tanking for the draft

• Pie 3