• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Potential $1.2B Panthers stadium renovation discussion

Lame Duck

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Thanks for the correction guys.

That said, the state using tax dollars to fund a single man's business renovation while he pockets all the profits is even worse. That poo ain't right no matter which way you look at it. Taking it a step further, should the state, city, and/or county use tax money to pay for renovations at every restaurant, hotel, and store that tourists visit too?

Been going on for years - economic incentives help prop up for profit business ventures all across the state.  I’m not a fan of incentives,  but they’ve become a necessary evil to lure jobs and money to the state.  

For entertainment venues, it’s less about a return on that physical investment and more about creating an identity recognizable nationwide that results in a return in a variety of ways.  

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Been going on for years - economic incentives help prop up for profit business ventures all across the state.  I’m not a fan of incentives,  but they’ve become a necessary evil to lure jobs and money to the state.  

For entertainment venues, it’s less about a return on that physical investment and more about creating an identity recognizable nationwide that results in a return in a variety of ways.  

I know but as I said, the poo is wrong. The billionaires already have more than enough. The regular folk shouldn't have to pay to prop them up even more.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Pantherzilla91 said:

Great news! I’m fine with my tax dollars going to this rather than some social crap. Ties the Panthers to the city!

Both are a waste of money.  The owners of these teams act like they care about social issues, but gladly take millions in taxes for their own benefit.  

It should have been a big  positive for all Panther  fans  when Tepper said he had no plans to move the team out of Charlotte and is seriously considering a renovation to Bank of America Stadium that would prolong its life for at least another decade rather than pushing for another new stadium immediately.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, KatsAzz said:

It should have been a big  positive for all Panther  fans  when Tepper said he had no plans to move the team out of Charlotte and is seriously considering a renovation to Bank of America Stadium that would prolong its life for at least another decade rather than pushing for another new stadium immediately.

Whether it's him or anyone else who may own the team it would make no sense to relocate given the market the team already resides in.

That being said if the ten year minimum for this round of renovations is actually in writing and not a handshake deal that would likely garner more support.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I know but as I said, the poo is wrong. The billionaires already have more than enough. The regular folk shouldn't have to pay to prop them up even more.

Yeah I agree 100%

the least the could do is give us free entry on game day!  Lol 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

It's the politicians using taxpayer dollars to crawl in bed with these billionaires. Your tax dollars are used to benefit their interests and to get recognition and favors from big dollar donors for their campaigns. It's all done for the benefit of the hard working taxpayers of the city of Charlotte and the great state of North Carolina.  Anything involving politicians is inherently corrupt. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Have you seen the cost of materials and labor in the construction industry lately?! A new stadium like Jerry World would cost over $3B today.  I would have to see the details of this "renovation" being proposed before I have an educated opinion on this venture.  

Yep, #Greedflation is a motherfuger these days, so much so that some economists are warning about an end to capitalism.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fortune.com/2023/04/05/end-of-capitalism-inflation-greedflation-societe-generale-corporate-profits/amp/

But, I digress...Tepper can really afford his own poo, but local politicians in Charlotte (like any major municipality) have their greased hands in pockets and cookie jars.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2