• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer details Panthers’ plans for dealing with Bryce Young’s height, weight

NAS

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

Trey Lance broke his ankle on a QB sneak. 

and he is 6'4" 225.  So I don't think a smaller QB is more prone to get hurt on a QB sneak.  Sometimes fluke injuries happen just look at some of Jaycee Horn's.  

• Pie 4

2 hours ago, Castavar said:

Just the fact that they acknowledge and are aware of the fact gives me a lot of hope for this front office and coaching staff.

Agreed. 

I feel like with guys like Cam they just assumed he could take those hits so it was not important to try to stop that - he was bigger than most guys hitting him anyway. 

Now we have the complete opposite and the brain trust is forced to build around that reality. Maybe that means we dont focus as much on D as we have in the past. But honestly that doesnt matter. No QB no competing. 

Im excited for the direction of this team

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, WestPanthers said:

Dang.........that double duplicate paragraph from the article let me thought my coffee is not strong enough for my morning read ........ 

ha!  I just noticed that, sorry

1 hour ago, WestPanthers said:

Dang.........that double duplicate paragraph from the article let me thought my coffee is not strong enough for my morning read ........ 

9 minutes ago, NAS said:

ha!  I just noticed that, sorry

lol took me a while but i found it and fixed it. i definitely read it the first time without enough coffee.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, ACobra289 said:

It just bothers me he had to play games with his weight at the combine and pro day. I am curious how much they think he can fill out without it affecting his game.

His weight is overblown. They won't add weight. They drafted him because of the film. If he was 185 on film he will stay there.

The key for us is making sure we keep this Oline together. If he doesn't get touched and they protect him the rest will take care of itself.

• Pie 1

I’ve come around on Bryce. His tape speaks for itself. Every interview I’ve seen shows me a guy that’s poised under pressure. He just seems so calm and collected and that seems to translate on the field. I think we’ve developed a pretty good offensive line and assembled enough offensive weapons that will give him the time he needs to process the speed of the NFL game. I can’t help but cringe a little when some predict immediate nfl success, but dammit with the coaching staff we have put in place, I am very excited to see what happens. I think having Josh Mccown, Frank Reich, and Andy Dalton to draw from is as good as any other coaching staff in the league. And even though I have pictures of Tua getting rag dolled that loom in my head,  im hoping that the team we’ve assembled can limit those hits to Bryce. I’m in. I’m excited and I can’t wait to see this team compete! 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

You cant say this whole time you are not worried about it and then start talking about a plan to deal with it later. That just doesnt make sense but whatever. 

They don’t worry about it because they have a plan. At that point you don’t worry you just go out and execute the plan. And if the plan fails you always have a plan B. Punt. lol

Edited by DavidEng

There lies the issue I have: 

he had world class facilities and coaches and trainers at Bama and never bulked up, then played games with his weight around his pro day. 

I see folks more concerned over his weight than his height but almost every article pounds the issue of his height over and over. 

• Pie 1