• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dalton as the Current Starting QB

tukafan21

Guessing this has been discussed within a thread, but not seeing a dedicated one to it and don't want to dig to find where it's being discussed, so if there is already one out there, sorry for this if there is an ongoing discussion of this already.

I have no problem with them taking this standpoint at this moment before he's even had rookie mini camp, but by the time real training camp starts, this needs to end and he needs to be taking first reps with the starting unit from day 1.

It didn't work for the Jags 2 years ago with Lawrence, they knew he'd be the starter but by having him in a "true competition" it just took away much needed snaps with the first team offense and it didn't go well for them.

15 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Guessing this has been discussed within a thread, but not seeing a dedicated one to it and don't want to dig to find where it's being discussed, so if there is already one out there, sorry for this if there is an ongoing discussion of this already.

I have no problem with them taking this standpoint at this moment before he's even had rookie mini camp, but by the time real training camp starts, this needs to end and he needs to be taking first reps with the starting unit from day 1.

It didn't work for the Jags 2 years ago with Lawrence, they knew he'd be the starter but by having him in a "true competition" it just took away much needed snaps with the first team offense and it didn't go well for them.

Lawrence also had a shitty coach.

• Pie 5

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

Worked out great for the Bears. But the difference is, here I believe that’s just coach speak / organization speak. Bryce should not split a single rep with any other QB on the roster. 

Fields was nowhere near as pro-ready as Bryce is, night and day difference.

• Pie 3

It’s coach speak.

I don’t doubt that if Young has a rough training camp and pre-season they will start a steady hand with Dalton, but even that likely wouldn’t be longer than a few games.

Bryce likely wins the job in camp.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Worked out great for the Bears. But the difference is, here I believe that’s just coach speak / organization speak. Bryce should not split a single rep with any other QB on the roster. 

Bryce should be running with the 1's all camp and preseason.