• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dang.. I guess we made a huge mistake?

TheCasillas

Bucs executive Bruce Arians believes QB Baker Mayfield was a better prospect than first-round QBs Bryce Young, C.J. Stroud and Anthony Richardson.

“I can honestly say out of these four, I had Baker rated higher,” Arians said. “He had a tough time playing hurt and things didn’t work in Cleveland. Happens to a lot of guys." Arians believes Mayfield's struggles the last two seasons had more to do with Mayfield's situation than Mayfield. The Bucs signed Mayfield to a one-year deal in March after he showed showed signs of life in a four-game stretch with the Rams last year and plan to let Mayfield compete with 2021 second-round pick Kyle Trask for the starting job this preseason. Mayfield is the favorite to open the year as the Bucs' starter.

Source

• Pie 7
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Bucs executive Bruce Arians believes QB Baker Mayfield was a better prospect than first-round QBs Bryce Young, C.J. Stroud and Anthony Richardson.

“I can honestly say out of these four, I had Baker rated higher,” Arians said. “He had a tough time playing hurt and things didn’t work in Cleveland. Happens to a lot of guys." Arians believes Mayfield's struggles the last two seasons had more to do with Mayfield's situation than Mayfield. The Bucs signed Mayfield to a one-year deal in March after he showed showed signs of life in a four-game stretch with the Rams last year and plan to let Mayfield compete with 2021 second-round pick Kyle Trask for the starting job this preseason. Mayfield is the favorite to open the year as the Bucs' starter.

Source

It is great that  Bucs executive Bruce Arians hold his QB Baker Mayfield in such high regard before the season starts, lets check back and see if he has those same feeling when the 2023 season ends.  

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

He is just doing what the 49ers just did with the recent talk about Darnold 

and they both are just doing what Carolina did when they signed Sam and then Baker.   

AKA blowing smoke up their fanbase’s rear end.   We laugh at them but we were literally just spit the same thing. 

Been there done that got the scars to prove it.

Edit: emotional scars that is

Edited by shaqattaq
  • Pie 1