• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers 2023 UDFA “Steals”

weyco2000

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

This guy was not good- or prepared--

My top 4 with the best chance to make the roster based on weaknesses in the roster:

CB Wright, Oregon State:  Wright has elite ability as a zone CB.  I think he has the best chance of making the roster based on my low opinion of Taylor and Henderson.  In fact, I think his chances are probably 50% or higher.  Mark my words.  Write that down.  Remember what was stated here.....

OG Nash Jensen, ND State: Corbett will be out, and I firmly believe that they want competition at LG--they have not found a swing T, so I think they prefer Brady Christensen in that role.  I think it is possible that the McCray signing is depth until Corbett returns--so they have Zavala to groom at LG.  I think BC could play LG for a while in 2023, but the plan is to move him beside Ekwonu and play BC as the swing T.  That leaves Mays as the backup C, RG depth, future RG when Corbett leaves.  It makes too much sense....If so Jensen could be added to the roster as G depth.  Remember, they offered Jensen a pretty large free agent contract to get him here.  I guesstimate his chances of making the roster are around 33%. 

DE Redmond, Okahoma: While the DE room looks crowded, Redmon has the ability to unseat a player or two. First, look at the NTs:  Roy (NT) is hardly locked into a spot, and the other 2 NTs are hardly proven.  I have Penisisi as the starter and McCall was undrafted last year.  If either of these players (including Roy) falter, it could necessitate moving Tuttle and or Brown into the NT spot on passing downs.  That could leave a DE depth spot open, and Redmond seems to be highly qualified for that position.  Chance of making the roster?  About 25-30%

OLB Leota, Auburn: Currently, we have literally nothing proven at Strong OLB/Edge.  YGM and rookie Johnson.  While we need a strong OLB on early (running) downs, the Panthers are certain to carry 2 of these players.  Johnson is raw but safe, and YGM is a question mark---could the Panthers shop him?  Stay turned, but the like Leota--had him for a private visit and he was the fastest player (based on the lists being formed after the draft) to sign with the Panthers as an UDFA.  Chance of making the roster?  About 15%.

Others with a legit shot:

• Peoples, RB  (When healthy, pretty good.  Going to the PS.  Some say, "We need a big back though!"  I say, We have backs that weight 220 and 210 on the roster--
  • Pool, LB  (Special teamer and classic overachiever--probably going to PS, but if a player like Grugier-Hill faulters, Pool would be a nice fill in)
  • Vann, WR/KR  (Special teams could get him a job--gonna be a Cock fight for the #6 WR job--as 3 ex-Gamecocks go for 1 roster spot)
  • Bolden (would have to beat out Franklin, but he could do it)

You’re basically in the same wheelhouse my friend.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

Also found this… lmao!!

Man we joke around with each other and trash talk here but that is off into another world. I can't imagine sinking so low in a time when we should be upbeat and hopeful after years of failures.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Cam runs bigger than 220. The question is if he can do it several weeks in a row.

Cam also runs very high and gets easily stopped at times. He was very boom or bust. You’d get 10 carries at 2 yards a piece before he would eventually get a hole big enough to run through and get in open space for a big gain

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, MtnJax said:

Cam also runs very high and gets easily stopped at times. He was very boom or bust. You’d get 10 carries at 2 yards a piece before he would eventually get a hole big enough to run through and get in open space for a big gain

Yeah there is zero beast mode to his game. Not really seeing anything there, at least Blackshear can return kicks and punts pretty well. I imagine Spencer Brown will by an obvious tier above him during preseason as well if they both get playing time

16 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah there is zero beast mode to his game. Not really seeing anything there, at least Blackshear can return kicks and punts pretty well. I imagine Spencer Brown will by an obvious tier above him during preseason as well if they both get playing time

Yeah, I watched his whole career at App. Always thought he had a lot of promise but he was super inconsistent. Games you would think he would dominate, he didn’t

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, frankw said:

Man we joke around with each other and trash talk here but that is off into another world. I can't imagine sinking so low in a time when we should be upbeat and hopeful after years of failures.

Yeah this is making me think he should be on some meds that he's either not taking or is undiagnosed for. 

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, Lurk21 said:

Our Db room having DeAngelo hall is going to pay dividends!! Wright is a guy I definitely  see making it!

I forgot about him, between him/Jaycee/Donte I think they'll get Wright up to speed so they have another dog to step up when the starters need a break. CJ/STO/Keith just don't have that energy to their game that legit CB's need mentally. I watched the whole Last Chance U series with Wright and he was the best player on their team, unfortunately had an ankle injury mid season but when he was out there he had great energy

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

This production quality is something else, aside from not really knowing anyones names he has decent opinions

Yeah I guess so, but having someone state an opinion with visual evidence is a plus for me. Hell he can’t be worse than any of these mainstream hacks 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

Yeah I guess so, but having someone state an opinion with visual evidence is a plus for me. Hell he can’t be worse than any of these mainstream hacks 

Yeah I like it. Baldy does the straight up recording his Ipad from his Iphone with a pen and it's better than the espn white rice breakdowns