• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Erving back in Blue

From what I remember hearing the past few seasons, Erving is a vocal leader and strong locker room presence that the guys all love.

He's not a starter, but he's a solid backup with experience literally everywhere on the line, and great for jumbo packages.

I have no issue with this whatsoever.

• Pie 8

8 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

From what I remember hearing the past few seasons, Erving is a vocal leader and strong locker room presence that the guys all love.

He's not a starter, but he's a solid backup with experience literally everywhere on the line, and great for jumbo packages.

yeah he stinks but as long as he doesn't have to play long stretches of games or start for us he's fine

8 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I was going to post this--very animated and supportive and that was visible on the sidelines on TV.  That matters. It is also something the Panthers would know and other teams might not.  I am not a fan of the player as a general rule, nor does the rest of the league seem to be.  Swing tackles are in demand, and he sat on the shelf for a while.  Personally, I would not be surprised to see him let go if Zavala takes the LG position and BC becomes the swing T.  

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

8 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Well, I think the obvious issue is that he isn't very good at football itself. But, hopefully he is a guy that isn't going to be seeing the field much.

8 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Ikey praised him for his Mentorship so I love bringing him back 

I've been waiting for this signing for a while. I'm assuming it's near vet minimum and he was just waiting to see if he could do better after the draft. Solid depth guy that has played LT, LG and even center. Inhuries have fugged this guy's career, but hopefully he's not on the field more than a few snaps.

5 hours ago, csx said:

As a backup there ls obviously a chance he sees the field and has to start. 

At this point, he's most likely 3rd string. I think BC is 2nd LT, BC and Zavala fight for LG, Mays is 2nd C, Mays and McCray fight for RG until Corbett is ready, and BC is also 2nd RT. Still a chance he plays, but anytime your 3rd stringer is starting you're already in trouble.

I seriously think Corbett's return to RG and the possibility of Zavala's taking of the LG position will lead to a few OL releases around mid season, if not sooner.  I can see the kid from NDSU (G) Jensen making the roster and becoming the backup LG.  I see Mays becoming the backup C and RG. I see BC becoming the swing T, primarily the LT backup (if Cam stays on the roster). I see McCray and/or Erving being cut then (check out their contracts--McCray is about $1m and Cam's has not been released).

In other words, I see the OL making some gradual upgrades as rookies gain experience and as Corbett heals.  In my opinion, McCray will be released when Corbett becomes active.

By no later than midseason, I see the OL looking like this:

• LT: Ekwonu, Christensen, Erving
  • LG: Zavala, (Christensen), Jensen
  • C : Bozeman, Mays
  • RG: Corbett, (Mays, Jensen)
  • RT: Moton, (Christensen, Erving)
  • Pie 2