• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Erving back in Blue

9 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

From what I remember hearing the past few seasons, Erving is a vocal leader and strong locker room presence that the guys all love.

He's not a starter, but he's a solid backup with experience literally everywhere on the line, and great for jumbo packages.

I have no issue with this whatsoever.

there was a video from last year where one of our tackles talked about Cam sat behind him in film sessions telling him where'd he'd need to go in certain situations ...it's like having a coach who can fill in.  Been wanting him back.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

This play right here soured me on Erving, let alone the rest of that season's play.

Spolier: it's the Atlanta play where he loafed and let a guy run right by him to blow up Sam.

Edited by KSpan

We have a lot of young talent along our line and in the second string as well. We need, however, a few veteran guys like this to help mentor them along. The fact that he has experience with the team and the other guys there is a major plus in building cohesiveness. 

Good move, good back up, extra teacher on the practice field, too, if we're lucky.

Panthers re-signed LT Cam Erving to a one-year contract. 

Erving was a key piece in Carolina's late-season offensive outburst, led primary by a dominant rushing attack. A former first-round draft pick, Erving, 30, will enter his third season with the Panthers, protecting rookie QB Bryce Young. Carolina in 2022 had the league's tenth best pass-blocking unit and the tenth worst run-blocking unit, according to Pro Football Focus.

Good vet back-up, swing tackle that is being brought in for his knowledge and mentoring. I'm sure Campen liked having his experience in the film room, in practices, etc. last year and will help with the younger players. 

Can never have enough depth, IMO. 

That being said, if a youngster or one of the UDFAs is flashing this summer, I hope that Erving doesn't clog that roster spot.

7 hours ago, frankw said:

53.9 pff grade in 2022 😬

If he helps the locker room and is a good mentor cool. Just please don't let him start.

Yeah but fair for back up guy. Still better than Greg Little, Dennis Daley, and John Miller