• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ranking the NFCS Rosters

poundaway

26 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Who is underrating Atlanta's roster?

They have been getting praise all offseason for their moves and draft. Their only weakness is QB. They literally have the skill positions on offense. They improved that defense tremendously.

The article linked at the beginning of the thread. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

39 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

I think Atlantas roster is heavily underrated. If their QB is halfway decent (big ask), they won't compete with the 49ers or Eagles but they will be in that 2nd tier of NFC teams with the Giants, Seahawks etc.

Tampa and NO rosters are old and bad.

Atlanta has some great skill players, but how are they in the trenches? The OL and run defense was pretty bad last year. They do have the 2nd best coaching staff IMO outside of us.

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

You said we need a competent QB. Then you doubled down with Dalton. Young is a competent QB. He meets all of the criteria of the statement. He has everything needed to have success himself. 

He is a competent college qb.  We won't know how good of an NFL qb he is until he starts playing.  

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

He is a competent college qb.  We won't know how good of an NFL qb he is until he starts playing.  

We knew Trevor was a competent QB…. In college. Year one in the NFL did not make him look competent. Let’s not crown guys before a single pro snap. Everyone is pooing a dude here who had a sane take of waiting to call him competent lol. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Varking said:

We knew Trevor was a competent QB…. In college. Year one in the NFL did not make him look competent. Let’s not crown guys before a single pro snap. Everyone is pooing a dude here who had a sane take of waiting to call him competent lol. 

IMO, there are 2 ways this is going to go. 1. Bryce is Bryce, and we are a competitive team from the get go. 2. Um... I don't really see a 2. This team is set up for success.

Divisional Champs, Roty, Coach of the Year. If this isn't the time of year to see that?

Edit to add; If, by chance, Bryce fails. Well, I guess we start all over again eh?

Edited by Gerry Green
  • Pie 2

5 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Who is underrating Atlanta's roster?

They have been getting praise all offseason for their moves and draft. Their only weakness is QB. They literally have the skill positions on offense. They improved that defense tremendously.

Part of me is going to be a little scared at responding to you, cuz you tend to scare me.

If, and it's a big if, that D, and that QB can get their crap together? They just may be an interesting team.

3 hours ago, Varking said:

You are Stroud guys. Had we taken him you wouldn’t have the same “wait and see” proclamation to call him competent.. be real. Also, Trevor had Urban Meyer…. We’re gonna call year one a mulligan. Had Trevor walked into this coaching wonderland and a plethora of number 2 WR and a top ten OL, I’m sure he’d have succeeded. Every situation is different and this setup is perfection for any rookie.

Now for the rest of the division. I think we need to start taking a bull by the horns approach to possible dominance. Saints have a few pieces but man, are they aging. Kamara at full health is a shell. Jordan/Davis/ even Lattimore aren’t getting any younger. Michael Thomas will be fun for the 55 snaps he plays. The teams not putting fear into anyone.

Tampa has maybe the worst OL in the nfl and well how the ENTIRE team approach changes after losing the best QB of all time. They stumbled to the finish line with Tom and even though he wasn’t perfect at that stage in his career, he was still Tom Brady compared to Kyle Trask and Baker..

Falcons are real fun on madden and to talk about. We did this for 5 years. Have elite crap everywhere else besides Qb. The only defensive moves of significance I see are Onyemata and maybe Okudah. Bates is damn near the most overrated player in the nfl. My brother is a die hard Bengals fan and was exponentially more upset in losing Bell.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

You are Stroud guys. Had we taken him you wouldn’t have the same “wait and see” proclamation to call him competent.. be real. Also, Trevor had Urban Meyer…. We’re gonna call year one a mulligan. Had Trevor walked into this coaching wonderland and a plethora of number 2 WR and a top ten OL, I’m sure he’d have succeeded. Every situation is different and this setup is perfection for any rookie.

Now for the rest of the division. I think we need to start taking a bull by the horns approach to possible dominance. Saints have a few pieces but man, are they aging. Kamara at full health is a shell. Jordan/Davis/ even Lattimore aren’t getting any younger. Michael Thomas will be fun for the 55 snaps he plays. The teams not putting fear into anyone.

Tampa has maybe the worst OL in the nfl and well how the ENTIRE team approach changes after losing the best QB of all time. They stumbled to the finish line with Tom and even though he wasn’t perfect at that stage in his career, he was still Tom Brady compared to Kyle Trask and Baker..

Falcons are real fun on madden and to talk about. We did this for 5 years. Have elite crap everywhere else besides Qb. The only defensive moves of significance I see are Onyemata and maybe Okudah. Bates is damn near the most overrated player in the nfl. My brother is a die hard Bengals fan and was exponentially more upset in losing Bell.

So...after all that? How you calling it? 

Panthers (If Bryce plays well. If he falters? Well things can change can't they?)

NO  

Atl

TB

Call it my way too early to call it prediction.

Meh…the NFCS is a poo show and yes the first franchise to pull it’s head out of it’s ass or recover will probably have a nice run.

that said, I really don’t care. I’d like to see a team that can compete with any NFL team or at least the rest of the NFC vs. three other (awful) teams…

tired of seeing the panthers look like a pee wee team vs. legit teams…like say oh I don’t know the atrocious Bengal game last year. 

like that’s a perfect example of how far off the panthers are from a championship caliber team.