• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers to open regular season in ATL?

WarHeel

13 hours ago, WarHeel said:

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/05/10/panthers-falcons-nfl-schedule-release-week-1/?mibextid=Zxz2cZ

I haven’t seen anything posted on this yet. If this is true the NFL definitely hates us and I hope we stomp TF out of the Falcons for good measure.

They are our rival ...  I'd love for the Bryce Age to start at home,, but every team does. 

Starting the season with a win on the road against your division rival is awesome. ( should they be our openier )

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It seems like a significant miss by the NFL to have the #1 overall pick QB on the road week one. Give the fans what they want. We've been desperate for a QB for years. Let us see our guy at home to start his career. I mean, damn.

If I'm the NFL anytime there's a #1 pick QB who is expected to start right out of the gate I'm having that team open at home. That fanbase has been suffering. Throw a dog a bone.

This is the same NFL that gave us the Broncos to kick off 2016. Wish I could say I’m shocked but I’m not.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

14 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

This is the same NFL that gave us the Broncos to kick off 2016. Wish I could say I’m shocked but I’m not.

Isn't that fairly common? Idk about an every year thing, but I thought first game of the season being a repeat of the super bowl happens very often.

Just now, Luciu5 said:

Isn't that fairly common? Idk about an every year thing, but I thought first game of the season being a repeat of the super bowl happens very often.

I’m honestly not sure how common it was prior to that year. 

Ridder has 4 games started under his belt and he is 2-2. Drafted in the 3rd round and was available to the Panthers.

Bryce Young is 1 of 27 QBs drafted #1 overall (The Panthers have had 5 of these QBs and their most successful franchise QB was undrafted). Only 5 of them have won a SB for the team they started for as a rookie (Bradshaw, Elway, Aikman, P.Manning, and E.Manning). No other team has paid as much as the Carolina Panthers to leverage their franchise for a #1 QB. The expectations for success of Bryce Young is extremely high and the pressure is greater than any of these other QBs.

Bryce Young must be as good as these HoF QBs to even consider him to be a breakeven success. He must be the best of this group to consider him a true success. Otherwise, he is no better than any other good QB you can get in the NFL regardless of draft position. This is what the Panthers have done to Young with the price they decided to pay and the believe that he is this impressive. This is an all-in move that will make a front office look like a genius or complete fool. 

In their rookie seasons: Aikman had 0 wins, an 11 game losing streak max, and a rookie season of nothing but Ls. Eli had 1 win, a 6 game losing streak max, no winning streaks, and 6 Ls to start his career. Peyton had 3 wins, a 4 game losing streak max, no winning streaks, and 4 Ls to start his career. Bradshaw had 4 wins, a 3 game losing streak max, a 2 game winning streak, and 3 Ls to start his career. Elway had 4 wins, a 6 game losing streak max, a 2 game winning streak, and 2 Ws to start his career.

My minimum expectation for Young in his rookie season given the franchise investment is 7 wins, a 2 game losing streak max, a 3 game winning streak, and 3 Ws to start his career. 

An opening day loss to Ridder is unacceptable.