• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers' biggest Rival?

MHS831

Poll: Panther's Biggest Rival  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Panthers' Biggest Rival?

• Atlanta Falcons
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Thought the rival should be part of the NFC South.  I am not sure we have an indisputable, biggest rival.  The Commanders and the Cowboys, the Chiefs and Raiders, the Steelers and the Ravens, etc.  Who is ours?  Let's put it to the test. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, travisura said:

Them dirty birds.

The problem with Atlanta, and I was discussing this with a friend from Atlanta, is the Falcons and Panthers have rarely been good at the same time--it seems we have battled with Tampa Bay a lot when both teams were respectable.  I want it to be Atlanta--based on the geography alone--and that we have been rival cities for dominance in the Southeast, if you don't count Florida as a Southern state (because it is actually a giant assisted living center).

• Pie 5

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The problem with Atlanta, and I was discussing this with a friend from Atlanta, is the Falcons and Panthers have rarely been good at the same time--it seems we have battled with Tampa Bay a lot when both teams were respectable.  I want it to be Atlanta--based on the geography alone--and that we have been rival cities for dominance in the Southeast, if you don't count Florida as a Southern state (because it is actually a giant assisted living center).

I agree it'd be a more cemented rivalry if there was a sustained period of success for both franchises. For me personally, they are just the team I harbor the most animosity against. It probably has something to do with coming of age as a fan in the Mike Vick era and watching him shred our defense twice a year. Just something about that team makes me dislike them more than the Saints, even after bountygate and years of Sean Payton.

In all honesty we're the third wheel rival to the Saints and the Falcons. We are the NC State to their Duke and UNC. Tampa is Wake Forest.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

we lost our team character and personality during the rhule years. we lost our identity. 

you need to have that to have a rivalry going. so we don't really have one right now. i think we'll get one, but the NFCS has been so bad for so long i think none of us have really any bravado or reason for it.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

Im gonna go with the Saints. I've always had some respect for the Buccaneers. The Saints have always been a trash team that only got anywhere because of bounty gate and the refs playing storymode post Katrina to give them a Cinderella story. Brees is also one of the most overrated QB's of all time. 

I hated the Falcons in the Vick era because he always owned us, but we seem go tit for tat with them. 

• Pie 3