• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers' biggest Rival?

MHS831

Poll: Panther's Biggest Rival  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Panthers' Biggest Rival?

• Atlanta Falcons
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

4 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Whoever poses the biggest and most consistent threat.  That team will draw the most ire from our current fans.

Yeah, because I HATED S. Payton and Brees, but now the Saints are a non factor.

Nationally, there was a time when Seattle might have been the answer to that question.  We just have never been consistently good--no 2 consecutive seasons with winning records (I think).  We are too busy trashing our QB and coaches to worry about the other sideline.  I think that just changed.

Living in Atlanta, it’s the falcons for me. I look forward to that game, here in ATL, every year. The trash talking, being in that stadium with my panthers jersey on…it’s a high like no other. Only problem is we have been trash for awhile now. We still lost more against them than we won while Cam was in his prime, but it was still fun. 

I’ll be at the season opener since it’s down here. Can’t wait, and with Bryce, I’ve got a reason to be hopeful and talk a little trash. Been a long time. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

we lost our team character and personality during the rhule years. we lost our identity. 

you need to have that to have a rivalry going. so we don't really have one right now. i think we'll get one, but the NFCS has been so bad for so long i think none of us have really any bravado or reason for it.

I was just think about this yesterday. Rhule was like the girl we all dated and asked ourselves WHY afterwards ???? We lost our swag our identity our moxy our desire to like football 🤣

Dumbest head coach hire in Panther history. 

• Pie 1

I think ATL has to be our natural rival and there's been many games that have drawn bad blood.

Closest to us, I-85 rivalry.....ATL vs. CLT as a big metropolitan southern city.

The Mike Vick years of beating us....Smitty/Brandon/Cam fights....Cam's huuuuge run at the Bank.

I do think most fans "hate" the Saints for more reasons, but my vote is the Falcons. Their 28-3 game quickly wiped away our HORRIBLE SB50 public embarassment too.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, OceanPanther said:

Our first regular season game ever,, Addlanna falcons..  Sept 3, 1995, Georgia Dome, we shocked the NFL with a 20-23 loss in over time.  We took over their stadium that day. It was wild and crazy. Addlanna is our rival. 

I was going to say the Taints, but you convinced me! Fug the Falcons!!!