• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vikings tried to trade up for Bryce Young?

NAS

Well shoot guess we gotta cut the 80 air yard throws to Tyreek Hill out of the play book. Definitely need to force safeties to play off far enough to not get beat on 80 yd bombs in today’s NFL, that’s definitely a thing. It’s just not enough for them to have to respect a 60 yd throw.

Jeez the things some of you find to complain about.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 2

11 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

No, I think Burrow has a better arm.

• Below-average arm strength and average release quickness
  • Arm strength limitations

• Lacks elite arm strength.

You may think that, but most scouts/draft experts thought arm strength was Burrow’s biggest weakness. Most of the ones I’m reading on Young are calling his arm strength average or adequate. You could argue scouts/draft experts are claiming Young’s arm is slightly stronger than Burrow’s.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:
  • Below-average arm strength and average release quickness
  • Arm strength limitations

• Lacks elite arm strength.

You may think that, but most scouts/draft experts thought arm strength was Burrow’s biggest weakness. Most of the ones I’m reading on Young are calling his arm strength average or adequate. You could argue scouts/draft experts are claiming Young’s arm is slightly stronger than Burrow’s.

I guess we'll find out - it's a moot discussion now tbh, we've made the pick. 

• Pie 1

to get back on the ostensible topic of the thread, something about this Vikings wanting to trade up (to #1??) story is fishy to me. teams can only trade max 3 1st round picks in one deal, if I recall correctly. and they were coming up from what, #23? huh? that's not remotely feasible. we're missing a piece of the puzzle here.

Edited by vorbis
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, vorbis said:

to get back on the ostensible topic of the thread, something about this Vikings wanting to trade up (to #1??) story is fishy to me. teams can only trade max 3 1st round picks in one deal, if I recall correctly. and they were coming up from what, #23? huh? that's not remotely feasible. we're missing a piece of the puzzle here.

I don’t think you keep Cousins and draft someone like Young who is pro ready day 1. I also see where they are wanting to move on from Cook. Those players were probably involved if needed plus who knows…

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I don’t think you keep Cousins and draft someone like Young who is pro ready day 1. I also see where they are wanting to move on from Cook. Those players were probably involved if needed plus who knows…

I agree, hella players had to have been involved but... Cook on his current deal is barely even an asset in the NFL trade market. Cousins... it's just not going to move the needle. it doesn't add up IMO. even Justin Jefferson, as good as he is, top 2-3 WR in the entire league, not going to bridge the gap between #1 and #23. and I doubt they'd just throw him in a trade like that after a very successful season.

• Pie 1