• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clip of Laviska and TMJ training hard

I told my friend who is a Jags fan, that TMJ could potentially  cost Chark a starting spot. He was adamant  Chark would steal the spot but he may not be available  until training  camp. If the hype of TMJ catching the coaches eyes are true... I could see him taking a spot and Chark battling with Mingo for the other outside spot. Thielen on the inside and Lavishka becoming our multi guy. 

TMJ is my personal breakout player this year, has the natural talent needed to be a star. Has just needed proper coaching to develop his route tree and the nuances of the position. We have the coaching staff to do so!

• Pie 3

29 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

I’m really hopeful  that  our team will look like a professional team in all phases this year 

Amen. So sick and tired of JV/JR College/DIV III level playcalling on offense we’ve had to stomach the past few years.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, rebelrouser said:

And Jonathan Mingo ran 4.46 at the combine. 

Yeeeppp, between the length/catch radius these guys have and speed, Bryce has a really awesome platoon.  I can see how people on the outside looking in may look at it as a JAG type group, but it is set up really well for Bryce.  Not to mention, Mingo, TMJ and Thielen can all flex between the outside and slot.  Chark strictly outside.  

Thielen knows how to get open even at his age. He's not outrunning guys anymore/isn't his 20s self, but he's a perfect vet to have. 

The rest, it's all super promising with some caveats: 

Chark-Injury Bug: He could play his way into a multi-year contract if he gets over the injuries.  And it's not impossible, there's a lot of examples of guys who had early career bugs they shook out into 7+ year careers.  Not to mention he's already a proven top-30 WR in the league when healthy.  

TMJ-Playing Time/Young: TMJ is 2 years younger than a lot of guys that were just drafted.  He was young for his school year and was a true-Junior declare.  He's essentially redshirted 2 years and ready to show if he's the fringe 1st rounder TD machine he was sold as. 

Mingo-As Unproven Rookie: We just have to wait and see with him, but I have a really good feeling with him over so moany past prospect.  Why I'm more sold on him than others is his stories about how much of a student of the game he is.  That shows commitment to the profession and a guy that wants to win.

Shenault-Gadget or true WR?: One thing is for sure, he can be a playmaker and play every spot at WR.  Another fringe 1st type eval taken in the 2nd.  We have 4 of these types from their respective draft classes.  I think he's an asset to keep.  He's perfect to get the ball quickly to and let him run w/it.

Then you have Shi & Byrd to battle out for the shifty guy you quickly get open. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I was fairly agile when I was young, but I think if I'd have tried what they're doing I'd probably have fallen on my ass multiple times 😆

Be a little more confident in your abilities.  I know I would have fallen on my ass multiple times.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I was fairly agile when I was young, but I think if I'd have tried what they're doing I'd probably have fallen on my ass multiple times 😆

falling on your ass? 

i could feel a snapped a achilles tendon and years of recovery just watching that

damn I’m old

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Lurk21 said:

I told my friend who is a Jags fan, that TMJ could potentially  cost Chark a starting spot. He was adamant  Chark would steal the spot but he may not be available  until training  camp. If the hype of TMJ catching the coaches eyes are true... I could see him taking a spot and Chark battling with Mingo for the other outside spot. Thielen on the inside and Lavishka becoming our multi guy. 

TMJ is just about whether his practice abilities will ever translate to the field. Even though he was in a terrible offense last season, he very rarely ever distinguished himself on the field. 

We just need to see him do well when the bullets are live. That is what has been lacking.

• Beer 1