• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Panthers Pre Talk

Grabbed some game 2 tickets.  FLA won 3 games on the road in each prior series.  They aren't winning 3 times in Raleigh.  Everyone is talking about how hot Bobrovsky is right now--his numbers are worse in playoffs than both Canes starters.  FLA defense has been improved in the playoffs, but overall, was ranked like 19th in regular season.  They allow tons of shots--more than any playoff team.  The Canes generate more than any team.  Their PP is also awful. 

I've watched all of their playoff games.  They have put together a nice run.  I would say more than them being world beaters is playing two teams absolute primed for collapse.  They were down 3-1 to Boston. Toronto couldn't win one of their first two home games as they celebrated getting out of the first round a little too hard. They play a bruising style--Maurice's Canes team rarely went in as high seed but had good runs with a style that works in the playoffs.  The problem for them is that Brind'Amour knows and uses a very similar style, but with more skill and speed and room to adapt.  They are basically a worse version of us.

Canes in 09 - two series wins. Both times won game 7s against higher seeds on the road. Bruising style, timely goals from unfamiliar names, not the most skilled team in the 'yoffs. Ran into a buzzsaw in ECF in young Penguins team with J Staal, Crosby, Malkin and walked all over us into a sweep.

Canes in 19 - two series wins.  Upset the Champ Caps in 7 on the road. Made quick work of NYI (got a lot of good puck luck) but essentially were a better version of their defensive system. Bruising style, timely goals from unfamiliar names, not the most skilled team in the 'yoffs. Ran into a buzzsaw in ECF with an experienced Boston team.  Walked all over/frustrated us and outgoalied us off the planet. Sweep.

Here's my bottom line take:

Florida. Two upsets with big road victories.  Bruising style, timely goals from unfamiliar names, not the most skilled team in the 'yoffs. HERE COMES THE BUZZSAW. 

CANES IN FOUR.

• Pie 6

4 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

Saw a story online that the Canes are restricting ticket sales to people with zip codes in NC, SC, and part of VA. After FL wouldn't allow sales to Canadian folks.

The Canes did this for the 2nd round.  I got the warning about it when I bought my tickets.

58 minutes ago, TheCandyMan said:

The Canes did this for the 2nd round.  I got the warning about it when I bought my tickets.

So I used an out of state credit card for game 2 and ticketmaster let the transaction go through. If I had seen the restriction I would've had my friend in NC buy the tickets. Is ticketmaster going to screw me on this or is there a way for me to keep the tickets?

• Poo 1

34 minutes ago, PFChangz said:

So I used an out of state credit card for game 2 and ticketmaster let the transaction go through. If I had seen the restriction I would've had my friend in NC buy the tickets. Is ticketmaster going to screw me on this or is there a way for me to keep the tickets?

if you bought tix and it went through, you're good. i think those restrictions only apply to right after they release the tickets for sale 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, DavidEng said:

Ridiculous NHL hasn’t released a schedule yet. Take the below with a grain of salt until schedule is released.

Ya sounding more and more like Thursday is the day. With the West starting on Wednesday(thanks to the ESPN TNT rights BS and ESPN wanting the west). I’m guessing the NHL is going to want us every other day since we’ve had such a long break. Dunno if there are any arena conflicts for sure, I did hear there was one in Florida if we started Thursday. 

• Pie 1