• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jonathan Mingo on Bryce Young

NAS

2 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Mingo is a country boy lol. I like him 

I remembered Fitt said he was a little “country” and he wasn’t wrong. When they asked what he liked to do in his free time I was waiting for it and he threw in “fishin” at the end. Love it. Seems like a nice young man. 

I am somehow comforted by a 20 something person throwing out Martin episode plot details but I’m not sure why. Wish him the best. 

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

Interesting to see a player ecstatic about one of our legends. I’ve never really put much thought into it, but I recall when DJ was drafted he mentioned that he didn’t watch football growing up , so he didn’t really know who Steve smith was. 

interesting to see it on the other end of the spectrum. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

If Chark/Thielen get any little injuries they might not get their jobs back from TMJ/Mingo

Definitely Chark, I think Thielen is the vet/semi coach on the field for the WRs and he is very reliable on 3rd down. We are counting on him the next couple years while our young guys develop.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Definitely Chark, I think Thielen is the vet/semi coach on the field for the WRs and he is very reliable on 3rd down. We are counting on him the next couple years while our young guys develop.

Yeah I could see TMJ and Mingo outside with Thielen as the Cotchery guy. 

• Pie 1

I loved that he had an immediate reply to pretty much every question. The kind of questions you're going to get asked at your first press conference after your first practice with the team are pretty predictable, so to some extent, as a player if you plan ahead mentally, you know what you're going to say. However the quick responses also lend credence to the notion of a sharp mind that can process the information rapidly and come up with a cogent answer. Came across as a focused young man and a straight shooter who doesn't have to think up his bs answer for a moment after the question. (Like many coaches I could think of)

My only nitpick is a a little more time in the NFL and more media savy training from teammates and he'll drop the uh and you know verbal pauses, otherwise the young man was on point.

8 hours ago, csx said:

It's a beautiful time of year. People haven't begun to hate on our draft picks yet.

No reason to hate on any draft picks ever. I feel like its hard to critique any draft pick until they have at least had a couple years in the NFL to see if they catch on. Some people have of course been harsh on Bryce Young already but I know that comes with number 1 pick territory even though he needs a 2-3 year window to really know what we have with him. What bugs me is the supposed fans who still have their smart nasty comments on a player like him even after he is drafted. Bryce wasnt my first choice due to his size concerns but when he is drafted its time to get behind him in support as fans and want to cheer on his success not sit around posting memes of dwarfs implying they are him just trying to be general jerks of the whole situation.